Big rig hit-and-run traps woman in car
PICO RIVERA (KABC) -- The search is on for a big rig driver who slammed into a car, trapping a woman inside the wreckage, and took off.
Authorities responded to the scene of the crash at Telegraph Road and Paramount Boulevard along the Pico Rivera and Downey city line Friday morning.
Rescuers had to cut the woman out of the car. She was taken to a nearby trauma center in critical condition.
Considering the impact by the big rig, officials say the woman is lucky she wasn't more seriously injured.
Authorities said the truck, without a trailer, struck the victim's car, causing it to bounce off a telephone pole.
Anyone with any information about the hit-and-run is asked to contact the Los Angeles Sheriff's department at (562) 949-2421.
City News Service contributed to this story.
- IE man who died in custody was high on PCP
- Congress passes bipartisan budget agreement
- Mulholland Bridge over I-405 finally opens
- South LA grandmother found dead in apartment
- 1 of 4 missing women found; mystery remains
- 96 animals rescued from 2 Los Angeles homes
- LAPD officers to wear body cameras downtown
- Big Sur fire burns 769 acres; chance of rain
- Harvard student admits to hoax to avoid final 27 min ago
- White House panel urges limit on NSA snooping 20 min ago
- abcnews: Pope delivers Christmas message to serve poor
- 'Mary Poppins' among 25 films to be preserved 28 min ago
- Paul Walker crash: No mechanical issues 43 min ago
- Photos: Leonardo DiCaprio, Matthew M. at 'Wolf' event