Big rig hit-and-run traps woman in car
PICO RIVERA (KABC) -- The search is on for a big rig driver who slammed into a car, trapping a woman inside the wreckage, and took off.
Authorities responded to the scene of the crash at Telegraph Road and Paramount Boulevard along the Pico Rivera and Downey city line Friday morning.
Rescuers had to cut the woman out of the car. She was taken to a nearby trauma center in critical condition.
Considering the impact by the big rig, officials say the woman is lucky she wasn't more seriously injured.
Authorities said the truck, without a trailer, struck the victim's car, causing it to bounce off a telephone pole.
Anyone with any information about the hit-and-run is asked to contact the Los Angeles Sheriff's department at (562) 949-2421.
City News Service contributed to this story.
- Victory for mom who sued TSA over breast milk
- Child welfare system 'in crisis': Commission
- 4 Hollywood execs deny sexual abuse claims
- Funeral held for LAPD Officer Chris Cortijo
- OC school band chosen to march in Rose Parade
- Reward offered in Long Beach pelican attack
- 'Mother Ditch' uncovered near downtown LA
- SD police guns stolen during LA charity game
- abcnews: Man accused of killing teens who entered home
- South Korea ferry accident death toll now 135
- Aereo case: Justices skeptical, concerned
- Epilepsy treatment uses laser to stop seizures
- Zadan, Meron to produce Oscars for 3rd year
- OTRC: Drew Barrymore gives birth to baby No. 2