Big rig hit-and-run traps woman in car
PICO RIVERA (KABC) -- The search is on for a big rig driver who slammed into a car, trapping a woman inside the wreckage, and took off.
Authorities responded to the scene of the crash at Telegraph Road and Paramount Boulevard along the Pico Rivera and Downey city line Friday morning.
Rescuers had to cut the woman out of the car. She was taken to a nearby trauma center in critical condition.
Considering the impact by the big rig, officials say the woman is lucky she wasn't more seriously injured.
Authorities said the truck, without a trailer, struck the victim's car, causing it to bounce off a telephone pole.
Anyone with any information about the hit-and-run is asked to contact the Los Angeles Sheriff's department at (562) 949-2421.
City News Service contributed to this story.
- LA Marathon: Ethiopian runners sweep race 50 min ago
- Stage collapses at OC high school; 25 injured
- Teen survives 5 Fwy crash, killed by traffic
- Malaysia missing jet: Door possibly found
- Los Angeles Marathon 2014 street closures
- LAPD officer recovering after fatal BH crash
- Bees attack 71-year-old woman in Palm Desert
- IE WWII Medal of Honor recipient laid to rest
- L.A. man wanted in attempted Banksy theft
- abcnews: Ex-FBI agent in captivity for 7 years
- Ukraine won't budge '1 centimeter' from land
- William Clay Ford, Lions owner, dies 40 min ago
- Sheila MacRae of 'The Honeymooners' dies
- OTRC: Khloe Kardashian topless in first Vine video