Police pursuit ends in the L.A. harbor
SOUTH LOS ANGELES (KABC) -- An overnight pursuit through south Los Angeles ended with one man in custody.
LAPD officers tried to pull the man over for reckless driving. He instead took officers on a high speed pursuit all the way to San Pedro, where he drove off the road, over the rocks and right into the L.A. harbor.
But the pursuit didn't end there. Police say the man got out of the car, stood on the roof of his minivan and took off swimming.
Officers in a nearby boat were able to coax him into giving himself up.
- DUI driver slams car into LA home; girl dead 51 min ago
- LAPD officer hurt in Northridge 3-car crash 36 min ago
- Nurse stabbed at Sylmar hospital; 1 arrested
- SKorea ferry accident death toll at 58
- LA coach gets 130 years in child molest case
- Woman fatally struck on 405 Fwy in Harbor City
- Driver smashes car into Fillmore dollar store
- Oxnard pedestrian hit at intersection, dies
- Bus crash: Driver remembered as a 'hero'
- Drone in Yemen kills 9 al Qaeda members
- Pope Francis, crowd joyously celebrate Easter
- abcnews: Dashcams capture possible meteorite
- 'Capt. America' tops box office for 3rd week
- OTRC: Kate Mara on 'Transcendence,' terrorist role