Police pursuit ends in the L.A. harbor
SOUTH LOS ANGELES (KABC) -- An overnight pursuit through south Los Angeles ended with one man in custody.
LAPD officers tried to pull the man over for reckless driving. He instead took officers on a high speed pursuit all the way to San Pedro, where he drove off the road, over the rocks and right into the L.A. harbor.
But the pursuit didn't end there. Police say the man got out of the car, stood on the roof of his minivan and took off swimming.
Officers in a nearby boat were able to coax him into giving himself up.
- IE man who died in custody was high on PCP
- Congress passes bipartisan budget agreement
- Mulholland Bridge over I-405 finally opens
- South LA grandmother found dead in apartment
- 1 of 4 missing women found; mystery remains
- 96 animals rescued from 2 Los Angeles homes
- LAPD officers to wear body cameras downtown
- Big Sur fire burns 769 acres; chance of rain
- Harvard student admits to hoax to avoid final 41 min ago
- White House panel urges limit on NSA snooping 34 min ago
- abcnews: Pope delivers Christmas message to serve poor
- 'Mary Poppins' among 25 films to be preserved 42 min ago
- Paul Walker crash: No mechanical issues 57 min ago
- Photos: Leonardo DiCaprio, Matthew M. at 'Wolf' event