Police pursuit ends in the L.A. harbor
SOUTH LOS ANGELES (KABC) -- An overnight pursuit through south Los Angeles ended with one man in custody.
LAPD officers tried to pull the man over for reckless driving. He instead took officers on a high speed pursuit all the way to San Pedro, where he drove off the road, over the rocks and right into the L.A. harbor.
But the pursuit didn't end there. Police say the man got out of the car, stood on the roof of his minivan and took off swimming.
Officers in a nearby boat were able to coax him into giving himself up.
- Gunman at large in East LA party shooting
- Drug boat washes ashore in Manhattan Beach
- 2 LB suspects accused of human trafficking
- Anaheim begins closing marijuana dispensaries
- OC teen to be tried as adult in dad beating
- OC thieves sought for smash-grab robbery
- Ex-PTA president allegedly stole candy funds
- Man killed when Amtrak train collides with car
- AZ sheriff's office profiles Latinos - judge
- Communications satellite launched into space 38 min ago
- London attack: 3 more arrested in slaying
- abcnews: WWII medals back after mistaken donation
- Rogers, gay soccer player, joins LA Galaxy
- OTRC: Blake Shelton's Oklahoma benefit concert