Panel fed up with downtown project delay
DOWNTOWN LOS ANGELES (KABC) -- The panel overseeing the $3 billion Grand Avenue project downtown is fed up with construction delays.
It turned down the developers' request to push back construction for another eight months. The developers say they are having a hard time getting construction loans.
The panel did grant them a 60 day delay.
The Grand Avenue project, across from Disney Hall, would include a hotel, shopping center and condo towers designed by Frank Gehry.
- Nelson Mandela dies in South Africa at age 95
- IE domestic-violence murder suspect at large
- Girl killed while walking in IE crosswalk
- Los Angeles Co. social workers go on strike
- 4 local brothers are all members of LAPD
- Montebello remains are not human - coroner
- New cold front to bring chance of rain, snow
- UCSB meningitis: Student's legs amputated
- US teacher shot dead in Libya's Benghazi
- abcnews: Teen saved after swallowing magnets
- 2015 Ford Mustang still has plenty of muscle
- Over 2 million Internet accounts hacked
- Man arrested in Paul Walker wreckage theft
- OTRC: Keri Russell, husband Shane Deary separate