FBI: Irvine is safest city in U.S.
IRVINE (KABC) -- The safest city report is out, and it's great news for people living in one Southland city.
FBI statistics show that Irvine is the safest big city in the country, the fourth year in a row for Irvine.
The rankings are based on serious crimes, such as murder and rape, in cities with populations of 100,000 or more.
Just one other Southern California city made the top five -- Thousand Oaks is number four.
Others in the top five are Gilbert, Arizona, Bellevue, Washington, and Cary, North Carolina.
- Montclair hit-run kills woman, injures teen
- Prosecutor: OC couple's murder not about money
- Sandy Hook gunman's father breaks silence
- Suspect arrested in Hollywood severed head case 54 min ago
- Fontana suspect escapes from police station
- Amber Alert canceled; LB boy found safe
- Man found dead in ransacked Westmont home
- Malaysia missing jet: Stolen passports probed
- abcnews: Convicted murderer of 7 awarded nearly $500K
- 3,500 police planned for Boston Marathon
- Port Authority records tied to chair subpoenaed
- Parents distracted by devices, study says
- Colorado collects $2M in recreational pot taxes
- 'The Bachelor' finale: 5 things to know...