FBI: Irvine is safest city in U.S.
IRVINE (KABC) -- The safest city report is out, and it's great news for people living in one Southland city.
FBI statistics show that Irvine is the safest big city in the country, the fourth year in a row for Irvine.
The rankings are based on serious crimes, such as murder and rape, in cities with populations of 100,000 or more.
Just one other Southern California city made the top five -- Thousand Oaks is number four.
Others in the top five are Gilbert, Arizona, Bellevue, Washington, and Cary, North Carolina.
- Covina home-invasion robbery: girl, man shot 44 min ago
- Nelson Mandela's legacy honored around world
- Help Garth stuff buses full of toys in Ontario
- New cold front to bring chance of rain, snow 49 min ago
- 'Valley Bandit' wanted for 8 bank robberies
- Family settles over Chino school gun accident
- Suspected heist reported, 12 tons of pot found
- Suspect injured in El Monte police shooting
- Joseph Gatto's stolen jewelry pieces sought
- abcnews: Bill Clinton reveals insights from Mandela 49 min ago
- McDonald's accidentally gives cash to couple
- Bob Dylan's guitar sells for nearly $1M
- Billy Joel to perform at the Hollywood Bowl
- OTRC: 'Scandal' season 3 will have 18 episodes
- ABC7 Eyewitness News Live Video
13 min ago