San Dimas woman's death is 'mysterious'
SAN DIMAS (KABC) -- A 38-year-old woman was found dead in her San Dimas home Sunday afternoon. Neighbors say that her death is a mystery.
Family and friends walked hand in hand to the victim's home Monday afternoon. It still remains a mystery who shot the 38-year-old woman in her San Dimas home.
Investigators say that her body was found Sunday afternoon around 5 p.m.
Detectives still have not released her name. Neighbors say that she moved into the area about a year ago. They say that at one time she shared the home with one of two roommates.
Outside of loud parties from time to time, residents say that the victim kept to herself.
Detectives have no motives or suspects in the killing of the mother of two teenagers.
The victim's home in the 500 block of West 3rd Street sits in what residents describe as a quiet neighborhood. They cannot imagine anyone harming her.
"It is not what it looks like, she is a good person. She worked hard and she helped disabled kids. She loves her daughter and she is a great person," said the victim's friend, Irene Martinez. "It is a mystery to me and to my family. It does not make sense, just because you help the wrong people it doesn't make her one of them."
"I am shocked, sad and disappointed that it hasn't been solved yet," said neighbor Susan Barkley.
Anyone with additional information is asked to call the L.A. County Sheriff's Department at (323) 890-5500.
local, leo stallworth
- Fallbrook bus crash: 1 dead, several injured 24 min ago
- Tour bus overturns on 15 Freeway in Corona 30 min ago
- London theater partial collapse; 75+ hurt
- Rain, winds moving across Southern California
- Moorpark High closed after threatening note
- School hacking: Tutor wanted for questioning
- Rodman in NKorea to prep for basketball game
- Kate Middleton phone messages read in court
- abcnews: Missing medical resident's car found
- Report finds bacteria on 97 percent of chicken
- Kobe Bryant injured again, will miss 6 weeks
- Katie Couric's talk show to end this summer
- Farrah Fawcett portrait belongs to O'Neal
- OTRC: Kristen Johnston diagnosed w/ Lupus Myelitis