Golf fundraisers held for MDA, Abbie March fund
A golf event to benefit muscular dystrophy research was held Saturday at Whiteford Valley Golf Course in Michigan. Golfers played 18 holes to help in the research effort.
13abc Sports Director Dave Holmes took part in the event.
The MDA telethon is coming up on Sunday, September 4. This year's telethon will last six hours, running from 6 p.m. to midnight.
You can watch live on 13abc. 13abc's Diane Larson and Lee Conklin will once again host the local portion.
Money raised supports research to help the 360,000 Americans living with muscular dystrophy.
Whiteford Valley Golf Course also played host Saturday to an event for the Abbie March Memorial Fund.
Abbie had the disease leukodystrophy and died at the age of five.
Her father says they hope the event in her honor will help others with the illness.
"Right now in the US, there is not a lot of funding for these types of things. It's just too rare, and we didn't feel that that was right, so we're doing what we can," Les March said.
All money raised will be donated to the United Leukodsytrophy Foundation and the Make-A-Wish Foundation.
- Malaysian PM: Jet's disappearance deliberate
- Body found at Anaheim trash recycling center
- 4 kids abducted by parents in Boyle Heights
- Brush fire burns near Gorman by Quail Lake
- OC 'flasher' suspect captured in San Diego
- Pinkberry co-founder sentenced in 2011 beating
- Fatal 210 shooting likely sparked by road rage
- Man who hoarded snakes in OC home charged
- Pistorius photographed in bloodied prosthetics
- abcnews: Baby girl with 2 heads born in India
- Crimea vote won't be recognized by US - Kerry
- Baby gorilla born through rare C-section
- Sailor in iconic WWII kissing photo dies
- OTRC: 'Scandal' recap - 5 highlights (Spoilers)