Golf fundraisers held for MDA, Abbie March fund
A golf event to benefit muscular dystrophy research was held Saturday at Whiteford Valley Golf Course in Michigan. Golfers played 18 holes to help in the research effort.
13abc Sports Director Dave Holmes took part in the event.
The MDA telethon is coming up on Sunday, September 4. This year's telethon will last six hours, running from 6 p.m. to midnight.
You can watch live on 13abc. 13abc's Diane Larson and Lee Conklin will once again host the local portion.
Money raised supports research to help the 360,000 Americans living with muscular dystrophy.
Whiteford Valley Golf Course also played host Saturday to an event for the Abbie March Memorial Fund.
Abbie had the disease leukodystrophy and died at the age of five.
Her father says they hope the event in her honor will help others with the illness.
"Right now in the US, there is not a lot of funding for these types of things. It's just too rare, and we didn't feel that that was right, so we're doing what we can," Les March said.
All money raised will be donated to the United Leukodsytrophy Foundation and the Make-A-Wish Foundation.
- Target security breach: 40M possibly affected 3 min ago
- Students allegedly hack system, change grades
- Mexico resort shootout: 5 dead in Rocky Point
- Kelly Thomas trial: Defense rests its case
- Fire erupts at strip mall in Hawthorne
- South LA grandmother found dead in apartment
- $5.8M settlement reached in Calif. race crash
- LA Council speaks on immigration deportations
- Mega Millions: Georgia winner comes forward
- abcnews: Renewed Gacy probe reunites family 31 min ago
- Congress passes bipartisan budget agreement
- Electroporation may treat melanoma patients
- 'Anchorman 2' is overhyped, but still funny
- OTRC: Justin Bieber retiring? Manager responds
- Latest weather with Bri Winkler
20 min ago