Golf fundraisers held for MDA, Abbie March fund
A golf event to benefit muscular dystrophy research was held Saturday at Whiteford Valley Golf Course in Michigan. Golfers played 18 holes to help in the research effort.
13abc Sports Director Dave Holmes took part in the event.
The MDA telethon is coming up on Sunday, September 4. This year's telethon will last six hours, running from 6 p.m. to midnight.
You can watch live on 13abc. 13abc's Diane Larson and Lee Conklin will once again host the local portion.
Money raised supports research to help the 360,000 Americans living with muscular dystrophy.
Whiteford Valley Golf Course also played host Saturday to an event for the Abbie March Memorial Fund.
Abbie had the disease leukodystrophy and died at the age of five.
Her father says they hope the event in her honor will help others with the illness.
"Right now in the US, there is not a lot of funding for these types of things. It's just too rare, and we didn't feel that that was right, so we're doing what we can," Les March said.
All money raised will be donated to the United Leukodsytrophy Foundation and the Make-A-Wish Foundation.
- Vandals break in, trash church in Palmdale 11 min ago
- Machete-wielding man shot by Inglewood police
- Greuel, Garcetti rally for undecided voters
- Body found near area where hiker went missing
- Couple arrested in LA pot grow operation
- Police impersonator halts bus in Redlands
- Deaf Yorkie held for ransom is back home
- Frazier Park fire: Crews gain upper hand
- Ricin letter case: FBI searches WA apartment
- Virginia parade crash injures up to 60 people
- SKorea: NKorea fires 3 short-range missiles
- Kings lose to Sharks 2-1 in OT of Game 3
- abcnews: Flesh-eating bacteria survivor's bionic hands
- OTRC: Kristen Wiig talks about missing 'SNL'