Brand new Beverly Elementary school opens
Hundreds of Toledo students streamed into the brand new Beverly Elementary school building. The modern, energy efficient building is filled with big, bright spaces - and is the only TPS building to be built specifically for the new K-8th curriculum.
Fourth grader Kalie Campbell was one of many students who excited toured their new school to get acquainted with the layout. "It's really nice. It's beautiful! And the part I love about it is there's a stage in the lunch room," she said.
New principal Kathleen Daney led a tour for superintendent Dr. Jerome Pecko and TPS board member Brenda Hill. Dr. Pecko said it was his first tour of the new building, and he was impressed.
Work on the school is still wrapping up: crews spent the weekend fixing up the playground for younger children and landscapers are running sprinklers in hopes of encouraging new grass growth.
Current enrollment at Beverly Elementary is around 680 students, with three classes of each grade, and four kindergarten rooms.
- Metro Red, Purple lines to require Tap Card 30 min ago
- Michael Hastings, BuzzFeed reporter, dies 24 min ago
- Ex-LA deputy alleges corruption in department
- Winkler removed from Saugus school board
- Video released in attack of transgender woman
- Prostitution bust at OC hotel - exclusive
- Ex-USC professor on FBI wanted list arrested
- 1,500 evacuated in wildfire near Yosemite
- NSA surveillance has saved lives - Obama
- abcnews: TWA 800 crash not accident - investigators
- Chrysler agrees to Jeep recall over fire risk
- Heat beat Spurs 103-100, force Game 7
- Michael Jackson's personal chef testifies
- OTRC: Lil Wayne talks on American flag controversy
- Latest weather with Bri Winkler
15 min ago