Metrolink cancels Orange County, Inland Empire lines for 3 weekends
LOS ANGELES (KABC) -- Metrolink's Orange County and Inland Empire lines will be canceled for the next three weekends due to construction.
San Diego Northern Railroad construction crews will be installing a second main line track and new rail bridges in the corridor in an effort to improve rail services, Metrolink officials said.
In addition to the weekend closures, Orange County Line trains 644 and 645 will be canceled on Fridays, Oct. 28 and Nov. 4.
The cancelations also will affect Amtrak's schedule, but officials said there will be other options. Travelers were told to check Amtrak's website for scheduling information.
- Man found dead in ransacked Westmont home
- Malaysia missing jet: 'Every angle' probed
- Car crashes into OC yard; 2 killed, 1 injured
- Stage collapses at OC high school; 25 injured
- 3 attacked by bees in La Canada Flintridge
- 2 SoCal hikers die amid record-breaking heat
- Pedestrians fatally struck in Norwalk ID'd
- 6.9-magnitude earthquake hits NorCal coast
- State oversight may tame California pot shops
- Pistorius vomits during graphic testimony
- abcnews: Dog helps Army vet overcome PTSD
- Effexor recalled due to possible contamination
- '300' sequel rules box office w/ $45.1M debut
- OTRC: Stacy Keibler weds boyfriend Jared Pobre