LB Airport holds 2-hour long emergency drill
LONG BEACH, Calif. (KABC) -- There were some tense moments at Long Beach Airport that was all part of a massive training exercise on Friday morning.
The airport simulated a mock disaster involving a C-130 military transport and a small private plane.
Lasting for two hours, the drill included participants from several different agencies while medics treated nearly 100 people who posed as patients.
The Federal Aviation Administration requires the airport to a hold a drill like this every three years.
airport news, airport security, local
- Nelson Mandela dies in South Africa at age 95
- IE domestic-violence murder suspect at large
- Girl killed while walking in IE crosswalk
- Los Angeles Co. social workers go on strike
- 4 local brothers are all members of LAPD
- Montebello remains are not human - coroner
- New cold front to bring chance of rain, snow
- UCSB meningitis: Student's legs amputated
- US teacher shot dead in Libya's Benghazi
- abcnews: Teen saved after swallowing magnets
- 2015 Ford Mustang still has plenty of muscle
- Over 2 million Internet accounts hacked
- Man arrested in Paul Walker wreckage theft
- OTRC: Keri Russell, husband Shane Deary separate