LB Airport holds 2-hour long emergency drill
LONG BEACH, Calif. (KABC) -- There were some tense moments at Long Beach Airport that was all part of a massive training exercise on Friday morning.
The airport simulated a mock disaster involving a C-130 military transport and a small private plane.
Lasting for two hours, the drill included participants from several different agencies while medics treated nearly 100 people who posed as patients.
The Federal Aviation Administration requires the airport to a hold a drill like this every three years.
airport news, airport security, local
- Missing hiker rescued in Santa Clarita canyon
- Missing jetliner made it to Malacca Strait
- Lead found in soil at homes, school in Vernon
- Pistorius shot gun out car sunroof - friend
- Overturned big rig shuts lanes on 91 East
- Prosecutor: OC couple's murder not about money
- Remains of Hollywood Park racehorse exhumed
- Suspect arrested in Hollywood severed head case
- Japan tsunami disasters: 3rd anniversary
- Crimea's parliament pushes for independence
- abcnews: Family calls 911, held hostage by pet cat
- Men's Wearhouse buys Jos. A. Bank for $1.8M
- Obama pushes health care on Funny or Die 18 min ago
- OTRC: Taylor Swift: Billboard's No. 1 money maker