Ex-Dixon comptroller Rita Crundwell's luxury RV, 400 horses to be sold
July 23, 2012 (DIXON, Ill.) -- Bidding for the luxury RV owned by former Dixon, Illinois City Comptroller Rita Crundwell starts at $1 million.
Crundwell, 59, is accused of misappropriating more than $53 million since 1990 from the small town to help support a lavish lifestyle and her nationally-renowned horse breeding program. The RV is being auctioned off by the U.S. Marshals service.
Four hundred of her horses will be sold by September 30, according to prosecutors.
The developments came up during a hearing where Crundwell's defense attorneys requested more time to review the 18,000 pages of evidence.
If Crundwell is found guilty, net proceeds of the sales will go toward restitution for the town. Crundwell pleaded not guilty to wire fraud.
- Blind man falls on tracks, survives train
- Temple City man denies creating Bitcoin
- IE cross memorial removed after complaints
- OC man arrested for pot brownie sales to kids
- Oxnard hit-and-run victim in critical condition
- CSULB researchers launch 'Kelp Watch 2014'
- Dodger lot beating: federal gun indictments
- Drunk gambler sues LV casino following loss
- Baby rescued on FL freeway home from hospital
- Obama: West won't let Kremlin carve up Ukraine
- abcnews: Charges filed in missing nursing student case
- Factors that may lead to Alzheimer's disease
- Justin Bieber's urine test video released
- OTRC: Angelina Jolie talks 'Maleficent,' daughter