Ex-Dixon comptroller Rita Crundwell's luxury RV, 400 horses to be sold
July 23, 2012 (DIXON, Ill.) -- Bidding for the luxury RV owned by former Dixon, Illinois City Comptroller Rita Crundwell starts at $1 million.
Crundwell, 59, is accused of misappropriating more than $53 million since 1990 from the small town to help support a lavish lifestyle and her nationally-renowned horse breeding program. The RV is being auctioned off by the U.S. Marshals service.
Four hundred of her horses will be sold by September 30, according to prosecutors.
The developments came up during a hearing where Crundwell's defense attorneys requested more time to review the 18,000 pages of evidence.
If Crundwell is found guilty, net proceeds of the sales will go toward restitution for the town. Crundwell pleaded not guilty to wire fraud.
- Spaccia convicted in Bell corruption trial
- 18 indicted in LA Sheriff's Dept abuse probe
- Southland seeing cold temps, windy conditions 55 min ago
- Houseguest arrested after 80-year-old's death
- Glendale man gets 5 yrs in 'sextortion' case
- 'Button-down' Bandit' strikes Corona bank
- Man arrested for Ventura transient's murder
- Ex-SD Mayor Filner sentenced for harassment
- Storm snarls travel; power outages persist
- abcnews: Gun makers thriving year after Newtown
- North Korea purges Kim Jong Un's uncle
- Video: Evangeline Lilly talks 'The Hobbit' film 39 min ago
- Jenni Rivera plane crash: New details emerge
- OTRC: Meredith Baxter weds partner Nancy Locke