Ex-Dixon comptroller Rita Crundwell's luxury RV, 400 horses to be sold
July 23, 2012 (DIXON, Ill.) -- Bidding for the luxury RV owned by former Dixon, Illinois City Comptroller Rita Crundwell starts at $1 million.
Crundwell, 59, is accused of misappropriating more than $53 million since 1990 from the small town to help support a lavish lifestyle and her nationally-renowned horse breeding program. The RV is being auctioned off by the U.S. Marshals service.
Four hundred of her horses will be sold by September 30, according to prosecutors.
The developments came up during a hearing where Crundwell's defense attorneys requested more time to review the 18,000 pages of evidence.
If Crundwell is found guilty, net proceeds of the sales will go toward restitution for the town. Crundwell pleaded not guilty to wire fraud.
- Gunman at large in East LA party shooting
- Drug boat washes ashore in Manhattan Beach
- OC teen to be tried as adult in dad beating
- Protests against Monsanto held around world
- Wildfire breaks out north of Moreno Valley
- OC thieves sought for smash-grab robbery
- Ex-PTA president allegedly stole candy funds
- Man killed when Amtrak train collides with car
- Communications satellite launched into space
- abcnews: WWII medals back after mistaken donation
- London attack: 3 more arrested in slaying
- Rogers, gay soccer player, joins LA Galaxy
- OTRC: Blake Shelton's Oklahoma benefit concert
- Eye on LA reveals sizzling hot summer guide