Goldsboro woman killed in Carteret Co. crash
CARTERET COUNTY, N.C. -- A terrible crash in Carteret County killed a Goldsboro woman.
Troopers say 52 year-old Lisa Wilson was behind the wheel when her car slammed into a house.
Wilson was airlifted to the hospital where she later died.
Authorities estimate she was driving about 90 miles per hour in a 45 zone when she ran off the road, went airborne, and slammed into the brick home.
Wayne County school officials said Wilson was a teaching assistant at Northeast Elementary School.
- Fallbrook bus crash: 1 dead, several injured
- Tour bus overturns on 15 Freeway in Corona
- London theater partial collapse; 75+ hurt
- Kelly Thomas trial: Cause of death revisited 14 min ago
- Moorpark High closed after threatening note
- School hacking: Tutor wanted for questioning
- Rodman in NKorea to prep for basketball game
- Kate Middleton phone messages read in court
- abcnews: Missing medical resident's car found
- Report finds bacteria on 97 percent of chicken
- Kobe Bryant injured again, will miss 6 weeks
- Katie Couric's talk show to end this summer
- Farrah Fawcett portrait belongs to O'Neal
- OTRC: Kristen Johnston diagnosed w/ Lupus Myelitis