Ex-Dixon comptroller Rita Crundwell's horses on sale
September 7, 2012 (DIXON, Ill.) -- A government auction of horses that once belonged to a former public official now charged with stealing millions of dollars began Friday.
Rita Crundwell is accused of embezzling more than $30 million since 2006 from the village of Dixon.
Prosecutors say she used the money to fund an extravagant lifestyle that included breeding horses. She was one of the leading breeders in the country.
Ninety three of her Quarter horses are being sold in an online auction. A live auction of more than 300 other horses takes place later this month in Dixon.
- DUI driver slams car into LA home; girl dead 30 min ago
- North Hollywood hit-and-run driver sought
- LA coach gets 130 years in child molest case 8 min ago
- Bus crash: Driver remembered as a 'hero'
- Woman fatally struck on 405 Fwy near Torrance 4 min ago
- Orange County carport collapses; no one hurt
- Delivery man fatally shot in South Los Angeles
- Ohio couple married 70 yrs die 15 hours apart
- Pope Francis, crowd joyously celebrate Easter 53 min ago
- Drone in Yemen kills 9 al Qaeda members
- abcnews: Dashcams capture possible meteorite
- Boxer Rubin 'Hurricane' Carter dies at 76
- Mickey Rooney buried at Hollywood Forever
- OTRC: Miley Cyrus postpones whole tour