ABC7 viewers raise more than $660,000 for Sandy relief fund
LOS ANGELES (KABC) -- ABC7 wants to thank all of our viewers who came out to our relief drives to help raise money for the victims of Superstorm Sandy.
Superstorm Sandy has left a path of devastation across the country's most densely populated region since it struck land near Atlantic City on Monday night. The former hurricane knocked out power to more than 8.2 million households, destroyed dozens of homes and killed at least 90 people in 10 states. Preliminary estimates showed the storm could cost up to $50 billion in damage.
In partnership with the American Red Cross, ABC7 held two Sandy relief drives -- one at the Honda Center in Anaheim and one at the Rose Bowl in Pasadena. And to no surprise, our loyal viewer came out in droves to help support our East Coast neighbors.
Over the last two days, viewers have raised more than $662,000. Thanks to ABC7 viewers who made donations -- at our relief drives and by mail. Every dime of their donation goes to help the people on the East Coast.
If you couldn't to make it out to one of our fundraiser locations, you can still donate.
Donations by check can be sent to:
Superstorm Sandy Relief
P.O. Box 5967
Glendale, CA 91221
All checks should be made out to the American Red Cross, with "Sandy Relief" in the memo line.
Or donate here: American Red Cross
You can also text ABC to 90999 to donate $10 to the Red Cross from your phone
superstorm sandy, storm, hurricane, honda center, rose bowl, pasadena, local
- Whittier standoff with hostage ends peacefully 54 min ago
- S. Korean ferry's slow evacuation probed
- Investigators reenact fatal NorCal bus crash
- Prop 8 lawyer's views on gay marriage changing
- Sriracha owner considers moving plant to TX?
- 1 dead, 9 injured in Fontana accident on 10W
- Tenants receive relocation money from landlord
- Mount Everest avalanche: 6 killed, 9 missing
- abcnews: Victim's mom halts killer's execution
- Chelsea Clinton pregnant with 1st child
- Kittens accidentally shipped from LA to SD
- Key dates announced for 87th Oscars in 2015
- Bryan Singer's accuser talks alleged abuse
- OTRC: 'Scandal' recap - 5 highlights (Spoilers)