Marshals show horse trophies of former Dixon comptroller
August 3, 2012 (DIXON, Ill.) -- U.S. marshals hope showing off former Dixon, Ill. comptroller Rita Crundwell's trophies will help them get a better price for the horses she once owned.
Authorities are auctioning the trophies off to help recoup some of the money Crundwell is accused of stealing.
Prosecutors say she took more than $53 million from the city of Dixon during the past two decades to support a lavish lifestyle.
She has pleaded not guilty to criminal charges.
- Nursing home shooting murder: Brother arrested 50 min ago
- Ex-con allegedly attacked 2 relatives, friend
- Santa Ana jewelry store robbery caught on cam
- Pope Francis named Time's Person of the Year
- Kaiser Permanente missing info on 49K patients
- 80 pot plants found growing in sign-making biz 42 min ago
- IE student arrested in school vandalism case
- Asiana captain worried about visual landing
- Senator's aide arrested on child porn charges 44 min ago
- abcnews: Bernie Madoff's 7 biggest lies 46 min ago
- Nelson Mandela mourners pay last respects
- House GOP signal support for budget deal
- Paul Walker crash: 2nd theft suspect surrenders
- OTRC: Jason Clarke in talks for 'Terminator' reboot