Marshals show horse trophies of former Dixon comptroller
August 3, 2012 (DIXON, Ill.) -- U.S. marshals hope showing off former Dixon, Ill. comptroller Rita Crundwell's trophies will help them get a better price for the horses she once owned.
Authorities are auctioning the trophies off to help recoup some of the money Crundwell is accused of stealing.
Prosecutors say she took more than $53 million from the city of Dixon during the past two decades to support a lavish lifestyle.
She has pleaded not guilty to criminal charges.
- Malaysia missing jet may have turned back
- Teen survives 5 Fwy crash, killed by traffic 47 min ago
- 2 persons of interest sought in LB attack
- LAPD officer recovering after fatal BH crash
- Stage collapse reported at Servite High School 52 min ago
- Bees attack 71-year-old woman in Palm Desert
- IE WWII Medal of Honor recipient laid to rest
- L.A. man wanted in attempted Banksy theft
- Obama to preserve California federal lands
- abcnews: Teens save man stuck in sewer
- Bond set for mom who drove kids into ocean
- Russia reinforces military presence in Crimea
- Sheila MacRae of 'The Honeymooners' dies
- OTRC: Khloe Kardashian topless in first Vine video