3 boys killed after leading cops on chase
FONTANA, Calif. (KABC) -- Three young boys were killed in a violent crash after leading cops on a chase on Wednesday night.
Authorities said the boys were ages 15, 11 and 9. The driver, identified as Devon Keeten, 15, and Moses Guzman, 11, were ejected from the car and died at the scene. Devon's 9-year-old brother, Dylan Green, who was in the back wearing a seatbelt, died at a hospital. The California Highway Patrol tried to pull a 2003 Nissan Maxima over at about 9 p.m. for running a red light, but when the officer was walking toward the vehicle, the driver, identified as Devon R. Keeten, sped off.
The pursuit reached speeds of more than 90 miles per hour, but when Keeten lost control, the Maxima went airborne, crashed through a concrete block wall, hit the roof of a house and landed in a front yard on Alder Avenue near Shamrock. Keeten and an 11-year-old passenger were ejected from the car and declared dead at the scene.
Keeten's 9-year-old brother Dylan R. Green, who was wearing a seat belt in the back seat, was rushed to Arrowhead Regional Medical Center in critical condition, where he later died.
Four people were inside the house at the time: a man, his wife and two grandchildren, ages 1 and 3. They were not injured, but they said it felt like an earthquake.
"We ran out because we didn't know if the car was going to stop," said homeowner Dolores Pimentel.
"I feel sad for the families of the victims," said homeowner Edward Pimental.
"We were lucky. All this stuff can be fixed," he said.
The house has been red tagged, and the owners will have to find another place to live until it's repaired.
The Associated Press contributed to this report.
MORE LOCAL HEADLINES FROM INLAND EMPIRE
SEND TIP || REPORT TYPO || TWEET @abc7 || WIDGET
- Malaysia Airlines missing jet: Oil slicks found 22 min ago
- LAPD officer recovering after fatal BH crash 53 min ago
- Teen survives 5 Fwy crash, killed by traffic 56 min ago
- 3.2-magnitude earthquake hits Marina del Rey
- Temecula man arrested in drug sales bust
- Pomona man hurt in shooting; suspect sought
- 2 pedestrians struck, killed on Norwalk street
- Westminster deadly car crash: Driver sought
- abcnews: Woman has 'out of body' experience at will
- Bond set for mom who drove kids into ocean
- Russia reinforces military presence in Crimea
- New Toyota Highlander carries on legacy 40 min ago
- Sheila MacRae of 'The Honeymooners' dies
- OTRC: Khloe Kardashian topless in first Vine video