3 boys killed after leading cops on chase
FONTANA, Calif. (KABC) -- Three young boys were killed in a violent crash after leading cops on a chase on Wednesday night.
Authorities said the boys were ages 15, 11 and 9. The driver, identified as Devon Keeten, 15, and Moses Guzman, 11, were ejected from the car and died at the scene. Devon's 9-year-old brother, Dylan Green, who was in the back wearing a seatbelt, died at a hospital. The California Highway Patrol tried to pull a 2003 Nissan Maxima over at about 9 p.m. for running a red light, but when the officer was walking toward the vehicle, the driver, identified as Devon R. Keeten, sped off.
The pursuit reached speeds of more than 90 miles per hour, but when Keeten lost control, the Maxima went airborne, crashed through a concrete block wall, hit the roof of a house and landed in a front yard on Alder Avenue near Shamrock. Keeten and an 11-year-old passenger were ejected from the car and declared dead at the scene.
Keeten's 9-year-old brother Dylan R. Green, who was wearing a seat belt in the back seat, was rushed to Arrowhead Regional Medical Center in critical condition, where he later died.
Four people were inside the house at the time: a man, his wife and two grandchildren, ages 1 and 3. They were not injured, but they said it felt like an earthquake.
"We ran out because we didn't know if the car was going to stop," said homeowner Dolores Pimentel.
"I feel sad for the families of the victims," said homeowner Edward Pimental.
"We were lucky. All this stuff can be fixed," he said.
The house has been red tagged, and the owners will have to find another place to live until it's repaired.
The Associated Press contributed to this report.
MORE LOCAL HEADLINES FROM INLAND EMPIRE
SEND TIP || REPORT TYPO || TWEET @abc7 || WIDGET
- Suspect arrested in Hollywood severed head case 12 min ago
- Man found dead in ransacked Westmont home
- Malaysia missing jet: 'Every angle' probed
- Car crashes into OC yard; 2 killed, 1 injured
- Stage collapses at OC high school; 25 injured
- Suspect arrested for Dana Point shooting 40 min ago
- 3 attacked by bees in La Canada Flintridge
- Pedestrians fatally struck in Norwalk ID'd
- 6.9-magnitude earthquake hits NorCal coast
- Pistorius vomits during graphic testimony
- abcnews: Dog helps Army vet overcome PTSD
- Effexor recalled due to possible contamination
- '300' sequel rules box office w/ $45.1M debut 34 min ago
- OTRC: Stacy Keibler weds boyfriend Jared Pobre