Inland Empire News
Gunfire erupts after Ontario pursuit
ONTARIO, Calif. (KABC) -- Gunfire erupted after a short police pursuit in Ontario Thursday afternoon.
Crime scene tape covered a broad area of Ontario after the pursuit came to an end.
The pursuit began at approximately 3 p.m. when Ontario police officers tried to serve a warrant to some known gang members.
Four of them jumped in a car and sped away, which led to the pursuit. The chase ended at Mariposa Avenue, between Rosewood Ct. and the 10 Freeway.
The suspects jumped out of the car and fled on foot. Shots were fired, and one of the suspects was wounded.
"I was sitting right here in my yard and all of a sudden I heard noises. Then I saw a black Dodge. An undercover officer was chasing a white car and I saw three suspects pop out. Two of them went on the run and one of them gave up. He ended up sitting down and was arrested. They were taken away. Then all of a sudden I saw SWAT come through the neighborhood and they started shutting down the streets," said Jose Sanchez, witness.
Police arrested three of the men but the fourth, considered armed and dangerous, was still on the loose.
The area was closed off, and a short time later, police found him hiding in the backyard of a home.
The Ontario Police Department confirmed that one of the suspects was injured. There was no word on his condition.
inland empire news, bob banfield
- Secret Service probe Target security breach
- IE man who died in custody was high on PCP
- Congress passes bipartisan budget agreement
- South LA grandmother found dead in apartment
- Man convicted at 16 resentenced under new law
- Mulholland Bridge over I-405 finally opens
- $5.8M settlement reached in Calif. race crash
- abcnews: DA pushes to jail 'affluenza' teen
- TSA expands Pre-Check screening program in LA 4 min ago
- Mexico resort shootout: 5 dead in Rocky Point 13 min ago
- Electroporation may treat melanoma patients 39 min ago
- Paul Walker crash: No mechanical issues
- 'Anchorman 2' is overhyped, but still funny
- OTRC: Justin Bieber retiring? Manager responds