Inland Empire News
Gunfire erupts after Ontario pursuit
ONTARIO, Calif. (KABC) -- Gunfire erupted after a short police pursuit in Ontario Thursday afternoon.
Crime scene tape covered a broad area of Ontario after the pursuit came to an end.
The pursuit began at approximately 3 p.m. when Ontario police officers tried to serve a warrant to some known gang members.
Four of them jumped in a car and sped away, which led to the pursuit. The chase ended at Mariposa Avenue, between Rosewood Ct. and the 10 Freeway.
The suspects jumped out of the car and fled on foot. Shots were fired, and one of the suspects was wounded.
"I was sitting right here in my yard and all of a sudden I heard noises. Then I saw a black Dodge. An undercover officer was chasing a white car and I saw three suspects pop out. Two of them went on the run and one of them gave up. He ended up sitting down and was arrested. They were taken away. Then all of a sudden I saw SWAT come through the neighborhood and they started shutting down the streets," said Jose Sanchez, witness.
Police arrested three of the men but the fourth, considered armed and dangerous, was still on the loose.
The area was closed off, and a short time later, police found him hiding in the backyard of a home.
The Ontario Police Department confirmed that one of the suspects was injured. There was no word on his condition.
inland empire news, bob banfield
- Metro Red, Purple lines to require Tap Card
- Journalist Michael Hastings dies in LA crash
- Ex-LA deputy alleges corruption in department
- Winkler removed from Saugus school board
- Video released in attack of transgender woman
- Prostitution bust at OC hotel - exclusive
- Ex-USC professor on FBI wanted list arrested
- Obama renews calls for nuclear reductions
- abcnews: TWA 800 crash not accident - investigators
- Baby bath seats recalled due to drowning fear 8 min ago
- Men's Wearhouse ousts founder George Zimmer 1 min ago
- Heat beat Spurs 103-100, force Game 7
- Country singer Slim Whitman dies at age 90 32 min ago
- OTRC: Lil Wayne talks on American flag controversy