Inland Empire News
Husband binds wife with duct tape
BARSTOW, Calif. (KABC) -- A routine domestic disturbance turned into a very strange investigation in Barstow, when investigators found a woman bound with duct tape.
Local authorities were answering a 911 call when they arrived they found a husband and wife, with the wife taped to their couch with duct tape.
Wednesday at about 1 a.m., officers with the San Bernardino County Sheriff's Department, responded to a call from a Rose Lane home in Barstow. The owner of the property, 52-year-old Steven Rodriguez, answered the door.
"You could hear a woman screaming inside the house. He then told the suspect that he had to enter and check on her, and once inside he found the female victim on the couch. Her hands, knees and ankles were bound with duct tape. And at that point, he took the suspect into custody," described Cindy Beavers of San Bernardino Police.
The deputy's report offered no explanation as to why duct tape was used to hold Mrs. Rodriguez to the couch. The report did indicate that alcohol was involved in the incident.
The report also says Mrs. Rodriguez suffered no injuries. Mr. Rodriguez was booked at the West Valley detention center and is free on a $50,000 bail.
inland empire news, bob banfield
- Rizzo gets 12 years in prison for corruption
- Jury deadlocks in OC distracted driving case 14 min ago
- 290 missing, 6 dead in S. Korea ferry disaster
- West Adams fire in converted garage injures 4
- Victim found on 605 Freeway dies of injuries
- Lake Elsinore man arrested for assault
- Possible 5th victim sought in serial murders
- Teen caught egging homeless woman in Lancaster
- State audit: Cudahy must repay $22.7 million
- Boston Marathon hoax: Suspect is bipolar 58 min ago
- abcnews: 10 most awful jobs for 2014 revealed
- LA Register newspaper takes on digital age
- Jay-Z's Made in America festival announced 19 min ago
- OTRC: AC/DC: Malcolm Young taking break