Inland Empire News
Husband binds wife with duct tape
BARSTOW, Calif. (KABC) -- A routine domestic disturbance turned into a very strange investigation in Barstow, when investigators found a woman bound with duct tape.
Local authorities were answering a 911 call when they arrived they found a husband and wife, with the wife taped to their couch with duct tape.
Wednesday at about 1 a.m., officers with the San Bernardino County Sheriff's Department, responded to a call from a Rose Lane home in Barstow. The owner of the property, 52-year-old Steven Rodriguez, answered the door.
"You could hear a woman screaming inside the house. He then told the suspect that he had to enter and check on her, and once inside he found the female victim on the couch. Her hands, knees and ankles were bound with duct tape. And at that point, he took the suspect into custody," described Cindy Beavers of San Bernardino Police.
The deputy's report offered no explanation as to why duct tape was used to hold Mrs. Rodriguez to the couch. The report did indicate that alcohol was involved in the incident.
The report also says Mrs. Rodriguez suffered no injuries. Mr. Rodriguez was booked at the West Valley detention center and is free on a $50,000 bail.
inland empire news, bob banfield
- Reseda shooting suspect ID'ed as Iraq war vet 42 min ago
- Shoppers flock to stores for last-minute gifts
- Driver shot, injured on 14 Fwy in Palmdale
- Astronauts tackle urgent spacewalking repairs 31 min ago
- Boy, 11, on scooter struck by tractor-trailer
- Tour bus crash in Corona: 91-yr-old man dies
- Big Sur wildfire is now fully contained
- BART, labor union leaders reach new deal
- NJ mall carjacking, shooting: 4 men arrested
- US holiday travelers brace for foul weather
- abcnews: Army's new weapon can shoot down drones
- US military aircraft hit in S. Sudan, 4 hurt
- Beyonce surprises fans at Mass. Wal-Mart
- OTRC: 13 Best TV Shows of 2013 (with spoilers)