Inland Empire News
Husband binds wife with duct tape
BARSTOW, Calif. (KABC) -- A routine domestic disturbance turned into a very strange investigation in Barstow, when investigators found a woman bound with duct tape.
Local authorities were answering a 911 call when they arrived they found a husband and wife, with the wife taped to their couch with duct tape.
Wednesday at about 1 a.m., officers with the San Bernardino County Sheriff's Department, responded to a call from a Rose Lane home in Barstow. The owner of the property, 52-year-old Steven Rodriguez, answered the door.
"You could hear a woman screaming inside the house. He then told the suspect that he had to enter and check on her, and once inside he found the female victim on the couch. Her hands, knees and ankles were bound with duct tape. And at that point, he took the suspect into custody," described Cindy Beavers of San Bernardino Police.
The deputy's report offered no explanation as to why duct tape was used to hold Mrs. Rodriguez to the couch. The report did indicate that alcohol was involved in the incident.
The report also says Mrs. Rodriguez suffered no injuries. Mr. Rodriguez was booked at the West Valley detention center and is free on a $50,000 bail.
inland empire news, bob banfield
- Montclair hit-run kills woman, injures teen 33 min ago
- Prosecutor: OC couple's murder not about money
- Sandy Hook gunman's father breaks silence
- Suspect arrested in Hollywood severed head case
- Remains of Hollywood Park racehorse exhumed 56 min ago
- IE suspect found after escaping from police
- Amber Alert canceled; LB boy found safe
- Man found dead in ransacked Westmont home
- Malaysia missing jet: Stolen passports probed
- abcnews: Convicted murderer of 7 awarded nearly $500K
- Colorado collects $2M in recreational pot taxes
- Parents distracted by devices, study says
- Justin Bieber gets mad in deposition video 50 min ago
- Photos: 'Bachelor' Juan Pablo kisses 5 contestants