Inland Empire News
Mom, daughter found dead in Perris home
PERRIS, Calif. (KABC) -- A mother and daughter were found dead inside a home in Perris, now deputies are looking for the woman's husband.
Officers were called out to the home on the 2800 block of Banner Place at about 8 a.m. Saturday to check on the welfare of the occupants.
Inside they found the bodies of the 43-year-old victim and her 6-year-old daughter. A 10-year-old girl was also found in the home but was unharmed. Investigators said the woman's husband, 52-year-old Michael Barbar, fled the scene.
Neighbors say that they are shocked by the violence and they can't believe that Barbar is allegedly to blame.
"That guy to me, he seems pretty nice," Ray Reyes said. "I've seen that the last couple of months he has been acting kind of weird. I know he has been going through a divorce and everything like that, so I don't know if that has anything to do with it."
One neighbor said that the divorce may have pushed Barbar over the edge.
Deputies said Barber is a suspect in the crime. He is believed to be driving a tan or gold 2004 Nissan Maxima (CA lic. 5GMV103) or a 2008 blue or dark gray Nissan Maxima (CA lic. 6BRV641).
Anyone with information on the crime is asked to call the Riverside County Sheriff's Department at (760) 393-3500.
inland empire news
- First section of new 405 Freeway lane opens 33 min ago
- Fewer travelers expected Memorial Day weekend
- I-5 bridge collapses in Wash.; 3 injured
- Disneyland holding Monstrous 'All-Nighter' 25 min ago
- LA gang activity coordinated from Kansas home
- LB regulates loud mufflers w/ electronic sign
- 5.7-magnitude earthquake strikes NorCal city
- Covered California announces 13 health plans
- Jodi Arias sentencing: Judge declares mistrial
- abcnews: NY man rescued after month of alleged torture
- Boy Scouts vote to accept openly gay boys
- London attack investigation: 2 more arrests
- Amanda Bynes arrested in NYC on pot charge 13 min ago
- OTRC: 'Hangover 3,' 'Fast & Furious 6' film reviews 39 min ago