Inland Empire News
Mom, daughter found dead in Perris home
PERRIS, Calif. (KABC) -- A mother and daughter were found dead inside a home in Perris, now deputies are looking for the woman's husband.
Officers were called out to the home on the 2800 block of Banner Place at about 8 a.m. Saturday to check on the welfare of the occupants.
Inside they found the bodies of the 43-year-old victim and her 6-year-old daughter. A 10-year-old girl was also found in the home but was unharmed. Investigators said the woman's husband, 52-year-old Michael Barbar, fled the scene.
Neighbors say that they are shocked by the violence and they can't believe that Barbar is allegedly to blame.
"That guy to me, he seems pretty nice," Ray Reyes said. "I've seen that the last couple of months he has been acting kind of weird. I know he has been going through a divorce and everything like that, so I don't know if that has anything to do with it."
One neighbor said that the divorce may have pushed Barbar over the edge.
Deputies said Barber is a suspect in the crime. He is believed to be driving a tan or gold 2004 Nissan Maxima (CA lic. 5GMV103) or a 2008 blue or dark gray Nissan Maxima (CA lic. 6BRV641).
Anyone with information on the crime is asked to call the Riverside County Sheriff's Department at (760) 393-3500.
inland empire news
- Glendale Galleria $85K bracelet thief sought
- Colorado shooting victim dies at hospital
- Reseda shooting suspect ID'ed as Iraq war vet
- Shoppers flock to stores for last-minute gifts
- Compton chase victim remembered by loved ones
- Van Nuys arsonist suspect sought by LAFD
- HB riot suspect sentenced to 12 days in jail
- Man arrested for suspected arson in Oxnard
- US holiday travelers brace for ice and snow
- Astronauts tackle urgent spacewalking repairs
- abcnews: Army's new weapon can shoot down drones
- SUV makers unveil new efficient features
- Amy Adams talks playing sexy con artist
- OTRC: Chuck Norris spoofs Van Damme's 'Epic Split'