Inland Empire News
Christmas trees heading home for the holidays
REDLANDS, Calif. (KABC) -- Thanksgiving is over and for some it's time to start thinking about Christmas. And what better way to help usher in the holiday spirit than by setting up your very own Christmas tree and decking it out.
Friday was not only Black Friday but it was a day for many inland residents to think about buying their Christmas tree.
For 29 years that has been a trip to Live Oak Canyon Christmas Tree Farm in Redlands.
"What we offer is we offer the freshest tree around. It has to do with the way we care for it," explained Tree Farm owner Greg Palmer. "Starting in Oregon with it fresh cut and brought here as quick as possible usually within two days then kept in water the entire time it's in our farm. Never is that tree out of water when it's here."
Noble fir, grand fir, cut and potted, Palmer says about five percent of the buyers will prefer trees that are flocked. It was an interesting study watching families and couples take a lot of time in selecting just the right tree.
"Making sure they're fresh, I mean they always are but I just like the way they feel," said Meredith Johnson when asked why she touched the trees while shopping.
Trees purchased this early will of course need a lot of care and a lot of water. Laura Browning knew exactly what she was looking for in her tree.
"Well we're just trying to figure out which ones will look best with my ornaments," said Browning. "I have very light ornaments and of course my ceilings are not very tall so I don't get to get the large one down here that I really like,"
Prices for trees this year are about the same as the last.
christmas, inland empire news, bob banfield
- DUI driver slams car into LA home; girl dead
- 2 nurses stabbed in separate hospital attacks 18 min ago
- Teen survives CA to HI flight in wheel well
- 3 new Hollywood sex abuse lawsuits expected
- LAPD officer hurt in Northridge 4-car crash
- LA coach gets 130 years in child molest case
- Oxnard pedestrian hit at intersection, dies
- Bus crash: Driver remembered as a 'hero'
- Drone in Yemen kills 9 al Qaeda members
- SKorea ferry accident death toll at 58
- abcnews: Dashcams capture possible meteorite
- Kevin Sharp, country singer, dies at age 43
- 'Capt. America' tops box office for 3rd week
- OTRC: Kate Mara on 'Transcendence,' terrorist role