Inland Empire News
Father killed, kids safe at Corona apartment
CORONA, Calif. (KABC) -- Police are searching for suspects who killed a Corona father Wednesday.
Police were called to a home on West Sixth Street at 5:37 a.m., where a body was found in unit 37, located on the first floor of Parkview Manor apartment complex.
According to Corona Police Lt. Jerry Rodriguez, a young female called 911 saying she and her younger brother were confronted by two male intruders in their home.
"Once we entered, we found a male inside his bedroom, deceased," Rodriguez said.
The victim has not yet been identified. Rodriguez said that the two children in the apartment, the 15-year-old caller and her younger brother, were not harmed.
According to the apartment complex's manager, the father and two children had lived there for about a year and a half.
The cause of death was not released. Anyone with information related to this case is urged to call the Corona Police Department at (951) 736-2334.
inland empire news, bob banfield
- Shoppers flock to stores for last-minute gifts
- Driver shot, injured on 14 Fwy in Palmdale
- Reseda shooting: 1 dead, 1 injured, 1 arrested
- Astronauts tackle urgent spacewalking repairs
- Tour bus crash in Corona: 91-yr-old man dies
- Pope's message to end hunger hits home in IE
- Slain chase suspect's family files $20M claim
- Big Sur wildfire is now fully contained 17 min ago
- BART, labor union leaders reach new deal
- Judge orders hospital to keep girl on support
- abcnews: Army's new weapon can shoot down drones
- US military aircraft hit in S. Sudan, 4 hurt
- Beyonce surprises fans at Mass. Wal-Mart 46 min ago
- OTRC: 13 Best TV Shows of 2013 (with spoilers)