Inland Empire News
Snow trucked in from mtn for boy with cancer
LOMA LINDA, Calif. -- Christmas is all about fulfilling the wishes of little ones. On Wednesday, snow was trucked in from the mountains, to fulfill the wish of a very sick child. He wanted to go sledding. Since he can't go to the snow, volunteers brought it to him, near Loma Linda University Children's Hospital.
Five-year-old Tristan Crouser has terminal cancer, Acute Lymphatic Leukemia. He was diagnosed three years ago. He's been in and out of remission. He's been at the Loma Linda Children's Hospital for months. For Christmas, he asked to see a real husky sled dog and ride in the sleigh.
"He'd actually seen a movie "Snow Dogs" and he fell in love with these dogs and then he watched another movie which was I think "Eight Below" and once he did that, then he was in love with these snow dogs," said Tristan's father, Rick Crouser. "I think it means more to him than anything else at this point."
Tristan was too sick to travel to the mountains so arrangements were made to bring snow from Big Bear to a local city park near the hospital. While under the watchful eye of pediatric nurses, Tristan enjoyed the outing.
He hasn't eaten real food in a long time so, you know, anytime that he gets out I think is good," said Rick.
Although Tristan changed his mind about riding in the sleigh, he was able to have quite a memorable day with the pups.
inland empire news, bob banfield
- Ex-LA deputy alleges corruption in department
- Winkler removed from Saugus school board
- Michael Hastings, BuzzFeed reporter, dies 55 min ago
- Video released in attack of transgender woman
- Prostitution bust at OC hotel - exclusive
- MTA bus drivers claim illness from pesticide
- Ex-USC professor on FBI wanted list arrested
- 1,500 evacuated in wildfire near Yosemite
- NSA foiled 50+ terrorist plots - director
- abcnews: TWA 800 crash not accident - investigators 40 min ago
- Chrysler agrees to Jeep recall over fire risk
- Heat beat Spurs 103-100, force Game 7
- Michael Jackson's personal chef testifies
- OTRC: Lil Wayne talks on American flag controversy