Inland Empire News
Riverside deputy hit by car at DUI checkpoint
MORENO VALLEY, Calif. (KABC) -- A Riverside County Sheriff's deputy was hospitalized Friday morning after being hit by a car at a DUI checkpoint in Moreno Valley.
The Riverside County Sheriff's Department was setting up a DUI checkpoint along Alessandro Boulevard just west of Covey Quail Lane at around 11 p.m. Authorities said the deputy was putting out some cones at the checkpoint when he was struck by a passing vehicle.
The deputy was transported to the Riverside County Regional Medical Center and is expected to recover from his injuries.
The California Highway Patrol is investigating the accident. The driver of the vehicle stopped and is now being questioned. There's no word on if the driver was under the influence of alcohol at the time of the accident.
Anyone with information regarding the incident is asked to call the CHP at 1-800-TELL-CHP (1-800-835-5247).
riverside county, inland empire news, john gregory
- Car rally held in honor of actor Paul Walker 19 min ago
- Nelson Mandela remembered at South LA church
- Man wakes up locked inside dark empty plane
- Storm moves out of SoCal; cold air remains 32 min ago
- Pasadena apartment fire caused by heater
- Body of woman found on 5 Freeway in Santa Ana
- 2 sought in Lancaster home invasion robberies
- Rancho Santa Margarita crash leaves 5 injured
- VC suspicious death investigation underway
- abcnews: Couple accused of Craigslist murder
- Cold weather brings flight cancellations
- Ukraine capital facing anti-govt protest
- 'Frozen' tops box office in its 2nd week
- OTRC: Susan Boyle's Asperger's Syndrome diagnosis