Inland Empire News
Dog rescued from Riverside County manhole
MENIFEE, Calif. (KABC) -- Firefighters from CAL Fire rescued a dog who was trapped in a manhole in the city of Menifee Friday and handed her over to animal control.
The manhole was located on Sherman Road near Highway 74.
An employee from a nearby store heard the dog crying from the covered man hole. The employee removed the lid and discovered the dog and called emergency workers to the scene.
Firefighters and Riverside County Animal Services worked to rescue the dog.
Officials say the dog was shaking and had trouble walking but is expected to survive.
Animal Services is asking anyone with information about the dog or how she got in the man hole to call 951-358-PETS (7387).
animal news, dog tale, inland empire news
- Boston Marathon hoax: Suspect is bipolar 27 min ago
- 292 missing, 4 dead in S. Korea ferry disaster 10 min ago
- West Adams fire in converted garage injures 4
- Man found tied up, burned on 605 Freeway 54 min ago
- Victim's mother faces murder suspects in court
- State audit: Cudahy must repay $22.7 million
- Murrieta suspect fixated on girls' socks
- Teen caught egging homeless woman in Lancaster
- LA Register newspaper takes on digital age
- First women move into Army combat jobs
- abcnews: Conjoined twins leave Dallas hospital
- Photos: Boston Marathon bombing - 1 year later
- 'Fast & Furious' enlists Paul Walker's brothers
- OTRC: Ice Cube clarifies Paul Walker comments