Inland Empire News
Dog rescued from Riverside County manhole
MENIFEE, Calif. (KABC) -- Firefighters from CAL Fire rescued a dog who was trapped in a manhole in the city of Menifee Friday and handed her over to animal control.
The manhole was located on Sherman Road near Highway 74.
An employee from a nearby store heard the dog crying from the covered man hole. The employee removed the lid and discovered the dog and called emergency workers to the scene.
Firefighters and Riverside County Animal Services worked to rescue the dog.
Officials say the dog was shaking and had trouble walking but is expected to survive.
Animal Services is asking anyone with information about the dog or how she got in the man hole to call 951-358-PETS (7387).
animal news, dog tale, inland empire news
- Shoppers flock to stores for last-minute gifts
- Driver shot, injured on 14 Fwy in Palmdale
- Reseda shooting: 1 dead, 1 injured, 1 arrested
- Astronauts tackle urgent spacewalking repairs
- Tour bus crash in Corona: 91-yr-old man dies
- Pope's message to end hunger hits home in IE
- Big Sur wildfire is now fully contained
- BART, labor union leaders reach new deal
- NJ mall carjacking, shooting: 4 men arrested
- US holiday travelers brace for foul weather
- abcnews: Army's new weapon can shoot down drones
- US military aircraft hit in S. Sudan, 4 hurt
- Beyonce surprises fans at Mass. Wal-Mart
- OTRC: 13 Best TV Shows of 2013 (with spoilers)