Inland Empire News
Dog rescued from Riverside County manhole
MENIFEE, Calif. (KABC) -- Firefighters from CAL Fire rescued a dog who was trapped in a manhole in the city of Menifee Friday and handed her over to animal control.
The manhole was located on Sherman Road near Highway 74.
An employee from a nearby store heard the dog crying from the covered man hole. The employee removed the lid and discovered the dog and called emergency workers to the scene.
Firefighters and Riverside County Animal Services worked to rescue the dog.
Officials say the dog was shaking and had trouble walking but is expected to survive.
Animal Services is asking anyone with information about the dog or how she got in the man hole to call 951-358-PETS (7387).
animal news, dog tale, inland empire news
- Los Angeles mayoral race: Eric Garcetti wins
- Oklahoma tornado damage could top $2 billion
- Man shot to death in Boston bombing probe
- Bear roams around Shadow Hills neighborhood
- Injured volunteer wants thousands from hiker 49 min ago
- Prop D, limit on pot shops in LA, passes
- Big rig, truck collide in Pomona; 2 killed
- Body positively identified as missing hiker
- LA city attorney race: Mike Feuer wins
- abcnews: Cleveland kidnap victims 'happy and safe'
- UK attack driven by radical Islam - officials 17 min ago
- MJ wrongful death trial: Damaging emails surface
- 'DWTS' season finale: New champion crowned
- PHOTOS: 'Dancing With The Stars' finale