Inland Empire News
MySpace predator ordered to stand trial
RIVERSIDE, Calif. (KABC) -- A man accused of enticing underage girls into sending him nude photos on MySpace has been ordered to stand trial in Riverside County.
Joshua David Threlkeld, 32, of Orange, was ordered Monday to stand trial on 23 of 149 counts related to crimes involving 80 underage victims he targeted primarily through the social networking Web site, MySpace. A judge will decide whether he will be tried on the rest of the charges on Feb. 16.
Prosecutors said Threlkeld posed online as a 13-year-old girl named "Sara", who said she was a model for a photographer named "Josh" and referred the underage victims to him. They said he then solicited underage girls to send him nude photographs, which many victims did.
The charges involve 80 victims, ages 11 to 17, from six California counties, including Riverside, Orange, San Bernardino and Los Angeles, as well as 15 other states as far away as New York and Florida.
Threlkeld is also charged with kidnap for rape and aggravated sexual assault of a minor. He's believed to have taken a 13-year-old girl to a home belonging to one of his friends in Palm Springs reportedly for a photo shoot but instead sexually assaulted her.
He faces multiple life sentences if convicted.
The Associated Press contributed to this report.
myspace, riverside county, inland empire news
- NYC apartment explosion, collapse kills 2
- Gusty winds elevate fire dangers in SoCal 52 min ago
- Mountain lion roams Hollywood Hills - video 31 min ago
- Missing flight's last words were routine
- Indecent exposure suspect sought in Irvine 24 min ago
- Tanker crash shuts I-5 North lanes in Castaic
- Compton teachers call in sick, want pay raise
- Wild Colorado chase ends after 3 carjackings
- Arizona Gov. Jan Brewer won't seek third term 25 min ago
- Ukraine accuses Russia of military buildup
- abcnews: Target thigh gap photo flap sparks outrage
- Fitbit Force recalled over allergic reactions
- Chris Pine arrested for DUI in New Zealand
- OTRC: 'The Big Bang Theory' renewed for 3 seasons