Inland Empire News
Man arrested in fatal shooting of girlfriend
RIVERSIDE, Calif. (KABC) -- A man was arrested Thursday in connection with the fatal shooting of a 15-year-old girl inside his Riverside home.
Benjamin Boatman, 22, of Riverside, was taken into custody Thursday afternoon.
Riverside police said they received a 911 call of shots fired at a home in the 4300 block of Linwood Place shortly after 7 a.m. When they arrived at the residence, they found a woman with a gunshot wound to her head.
The victim, whose name has not yet been released, was pronouned dead at the scene.
Three men and two women were inside the residence at the time of the shooting. They were questioned by police and released.
The motive for the shooting was unknown. Boatman and the teen had been dating for about a year, according to police.
Detectives searched the home and seized a handgun, shotgun, an unspecified amount of marijuana, electronic scales and drug paraphernalia.
Boatman was booked into Robert Presley Detention Center on charges of murder, weapons possession and narcotics possession.
According to court records, Boatman has had a number of run-ins with the law. He was reportedly arrested in Colton for recklessly brandishing a firearm and he had a similar charge a year ago in Riverside County.
Anyone with information was asked to contact Detective Ron Sanfilippo at (951) 353-7105 or Detective Dave Smith at (951) 353-7103.
homicide investigation, shooting, riverside county, inland empire news, bob banfield
- S. Korea ferry: Evacuation order delayed 29 min ago
- Monterey Park fire engine crash injures 15
- 'X-Men' director accused of sexual assault
- Arsonist sought in San Pedro Elks Lodge fire
- Female pedestrian struck, killed in Riverside 21 min ago
- Police: 2 South LA fires may be connected 42 min ago
- LAX Terminal 7 partially evacuated over threat 29 min ago
- 1 dead, 9 injured in Fontana accident on 10W
- Operation Crossover targets liquor thieves
- Solvang ordnance scare prompts evacuations
- abcnews: Conjoined twins see sunlight for 1st time
- Oscar Pistorius trial: Forensic expert faulted
- Jay-Z's Made in America festival announced
- OTRC: Will Arnett files for divorce from Poehler