Inland Empire News
Dogs chew off baby's testicles in apartment
MURRIETA, Calif. (KABC) -- Murrieta police say that two large dogs chewed off the testicles of a 6-month-old boy strapped in a baby carrier on Saturday.
According to police, the baby was left alone in a Riverside County apartment when the attack happened.
The mother, 22-year-old Carrie McKinney, left her child in the carrier on the floor in her friend's apartment. Police say that is when the pit bull and pit bull mix attacked the baby, tearing off the infant's diaper and biting his scrotum.
After hearing the baby scream, the mother and a friend rescued the child. He was hospitalized, but his condition is unknown.
Police and child protective services are investigating, but no charges have been filed. The dogs are being euthanized.
The Associated Press contributed to this story.
animal news, riverside county, inland empire news
- LAPD Officer Lee honored at funeral service 47 min ago
- 2 dead after car plows through SXSW crowd
- NYC explosion kills 7; rescuers resume search
- OC high-speed chase ends in police shooting
- LA sheriff candidates faceoff in 1st debate 4 min ago
- Pedestrian hit, killed on I-5 in Downey area
- 2 sought for stealing purses at Bell salons
- Body of man found at Montebello parking lot
- Ex-Manson follower granted parole for 3rd time 30 min ago
- Malaysia plane search widens into Andaman Sea
- abcnews: Amazon accused of cheating on free shipping
- Soldier pops out of box, surprises daughter
- Chris Pine arrested for DUI in New Zealand
- OTRC: Elizabeth Olsen engaged, report says