Inland Empire News
Veterans ask to intervene in cross debate
MOJAVE NATIONAL PRESERVE, Calif. (KABC) -- A nonprofit group filed a motion in federal court Tuesday on behalf of the Veterans of Foreign Wars asking to intervene in the decade-old legal battle over a cross in the Mojave Desert.
The fight continues over whether a cross erected in San Bernardino County is an unconstitutional religious symbol on public land.
The latest dispute challenges a congressional move to make land under the cross private by trading it to the VFW.
The motion is expected to be heard in October.
Do you want the Eyewitness News team to call you? Get a FREE Morning Wake-up Call and personalized weather report at abc7.com/wakeup
inland empire news
- Fallbrook bus crash: 1 dead, several injured
- Tour bus overturns on 15 Freeway in Corona
- London theater partial collapse; 75+ hurt
- Kelly Thomas trial: Cause of death revisited 49 min ago
- Moorpark High closed after threatening note
- School hacking: Tutor wanted for questioning
- Rodman in NKorea to prep for basketball game
- Kate Middleton phone messages read in court
- abcnews: Missing medical resident's car found
- Report finds bacteria on 97 percent of chicken
- Local woman receives seizure-treating implant 3 min ago
- Kobe Bryant injured again, will miss 6 weeks
- Farrah Fawcett portrait belongs to O'Neal
- OTRC: Kristen Johnston diagnosed w/ Lupus Myelitis