Inland Empire News
'Panther-sized' black cat spotted in La Quinta
LA QUINTA, Calif. (KABC) -- Authorities are conducting a search in La Quinta for what one resident described as "a large, panther-sized black cat," on the roof of a house.
Riverside County Sheriff's Department investigators said the cat was seen about 8 a.m. Saturday in the 78000 block of Calle Remo.
"They said it was much larger than a house cat and looked more like a black panther," investigator Matt Diaz said.
California Fish and Game officers, along with deputies, searched for hours but were unable to find the animal.
One neighbor told deputies that a cat of a similar look was seen on a La Quinta golf court last week.
animal news, inland empire news
- Mulholland Bridge over I-405 finally opens 37 min ago
- South LA grandmother found dead in apartment 13 min ago
- Venice beating caught on cam; suspects sought
- Baca acknowledges deputy hiring issues
- Motorcycle officer injured in Mid-City crash
- Woman shot to death in Long Beach; no arrests
- Proposed power plant splits Palmdale, Lancaster
- Big Sur fire burns 769 acres; chance of rain 55 min ago
- Bipartisan budget deal nears final passage
- abcnews: Pope delivers Christmas message to serve poor
- India diplomat claims cavity search in NYC
- Ronnie Biggs, 'Great Train Robber,' dies at 84
- Video: 'American Hustle' takes you back to the '70s
- Photos: Brad Pitt over the years, 1991 to present
- Latest weather with Garth Kemp
35 min ago