Inland Empire News
IE coroner says body is lost Russian skydiver
PERRIS, Calif. (KABC) -- Investigators confirmed that a body found in a Perris field is that of a Russian skydiver who was last seen parachuting in September.
Riverside County coroner's officials identified the man as 50-year-old Vladimir Frolov. He had been missing since he took a solo jump from a plane over the city back on Sept. 25.
Searchers had scoured the area with ATVs, helicopters and on horseback in the weeks following his disappearance.
On Tuesday, a farmer plowing his field found the man's remains.
His body was found, authorities say, with parachutes that never opened.
missing person, body found, body part found, riverside county, inland empire news
- Fallbrook bus crash: 1 dead, several injured
- Tour bus overturns on 15 Freeway in Corona
- London theater partial collapse; 75+ hurt
- Kelly Thomas trial: Cause of death revisited
- Moorpark High closed after threatening note
- School hacking: Tutor wanted for questioning
- Rodman in NKorea to prep for basketball game
- Kate Middleton phone messages read in court
- abcnews: Missing medical resident's car found
- Report finds bacteria on 97 percent of chicken
- Local woman receives seizure-treating implant
- Kobe Bryant injured again, will miss 6 weeks
- Farrah Fawcett portrait belongs to O'Neal
- OTRC: Kristen Johnston diagnosed w/ Lupus Myelitis