Inland Empire News
50+ violations found at burned IE apartment
SAN BERNARDINO, Calif. (KABC) -- There were more than 50 code violations at the San Bernardino apartment complex where a fire destroyed 26 units, according to a report.
The fire broke out Sunday in the 400 block of South Mount Vernon.
Seven people suffered minor injuries and about 125 residents were displaced.
Code enforcement officials said violations included exposed electrical wires and electric stoves not working properly, which possibly caused sparks, according to the San Bernardino Sun.
Investigators are still looking into what started the fire that caused more than $1 million in damage.
san bernardino county, fire, inland empire news
- Jet aborts takeoff after gear failure in Pa.
- Missing plane sent satellite signals for hours
- 'Flasher' suspect sought for exposure in OC
- LAPD Officer Lee honored at funeral service
- Stalking arrest in WeHo murder-for-hire case
- Inmate escapes jail hours after sentencing
- Big Bear Lake's pirate ship afloat again 51 min ago
- OC high-speed chase ends in police shooting
- SXSW continues in Austin after crash kills 2
- NYC explosion kills 8; rescuers resume search
- abcnews: Dog's healing effects on 2 wounded vets
- Bail refused for ex-NFL player Darren Sharper
- Amazon hikes Prime membership to $99 per year
- OTRC: Tina Fey talks 'Mean Girls' reunion rumors
- Website brings history of Los Angeles to life
28 min ago