Inland Empire News
1 killed in car-to-car shooting in Fontana
FONTANA, Calif. (KABC) -- Detectives were investigating a fatal car-to-car shooting on Cherry Avenue south of Jurupa Avenue in Fontana.
The shooting happened at about 8:30 p.m. on Monday.
Authorities say a car pulled up to another car and someone fired several shots. A male in his teens or early 20s was killed.
The driver saw that his passenger was shot by someone, pulled over and dialed 911.
There were no leads on suspects, but authorities said the shots were fired from an unknown-colored SUV.
The victim was identified as Ricardo Hernandez, 24, of Bloomington. There were two other male occupants in the Hernandez's car, and authorities say they are believed to be local Fontana gang members.
san bernardino county, shooting, inland empire news
- Target probe focuses on processing centers
- Fallbrook tour bus crash: Victim identified
- Obama: 2014 can be breakthrough year for US
- Help Garth stuff buses full of toys in Anaheim
- Lancaster woman found dead; sons questioned 16 min ago
- Man found dead after house fire in Orange
- Harry Reid in the hospital for observation
- Judge strikes down Utah's same-sex marriage ban
- abcnews: Service dog sniffs out girl's disease
- London theater collapse: Aging venues safe?
- Harry Potter play in the works by J.K. Rowling
- Casey Kasem conservatorship deal reached
- 9-yr-old FL girl is youngest to bowl 300 game 48 min ago
- OTRC: Phil Robertson's fam talk 'Duck Dynasty' future