Inland Empire News
Human error cited in '08 Rialto train crash
RIALTO, Calif. (KABC) -- Human error has been ruled the probable cause of a train collision in Rialto two and a half years ago.
On November 20, 2008, a Metrolink train sideswiped a freight train that was pulling off the main track. Four people were hurt.
The National Transportation Safety Board now says engineers on board the Metrolink train failed to properly apply the brakes and control the train's speed as it approached a red signal.
The lack of a positive train control system was also cited as a contributing factor.
train accident, metrolink, inland empire news
- Woman attacked at OC mall parking structure
- 3 Simi Valley schools face possible shutdown
- NKorea executes leader's uncle as a traitor
- 12 arrested, $2.5M in drugs seized in sting
- Ex-deputy convicted in fatal bar shooting
- Bell's Rizzo to plead guilty to tax evasion
- Kelly Thomas trial: Defense presents case
- House easily approves bipartisan budget bill
- abcnews: Ohio police chief slams Kanye West
- 4 stabbed in parking lot after Broncos game
- IKEA recalls lamp following death of child
- Giant lobster caught in Huntington Beach
- Redmond O'Neal testifies in Fawcett art case
- OTRC: Disney Channel film to feature Belle's son