Inland Empire News
Body of woman found on side of 60 Freeway
GLEN AVON, Calif. (KABC) -- The death of a woman whose body was found alongside the 60 Freeway in Glen Avon on Friday has become a homicide investigation.
Detectives said the body has been identified, but that information was not yet being released to the public.
The body was spotted at about 6 a.m., closing nearly a mile of a frontage road along the freeway almost all day. Detectives determined that the woman was a victim of a homicide.
"It's a long county road right here, and it's a semi-rural area right off the freeway. There's dirt to each sides of the roadway, so there will be an extensive search to see if there's any evidence anywhere around this deceased person," said Sgt. Joe Borja of the Riverside County Sheriff's Department.
Authorities have no leads and urged anyone with information to come forward.
"If they have any information, whether they saw a suspicious vehicle here last night, early this morning, anybody in an argument or confrontation," Borja said.
Anyone with information can call the Riverside County Sheriff's Department at (951) 955-2777.
body found, riverside county, inland empire news, rob mcmillan
- Reseda shooting: 1 dead, 1 injured, 1 arrested
- Tour bus crash in Corona: 91-yr-old man dies
- Target probe focuses on processing centers
- Pope's message to end hunger hits home in IE
- Slain chase suspect's family files $20M claim
- Indio High students, faculty tested for TB
- Fallbrook tour bus crash: Victim identified
- Judge orders hospital to keep girl on support 22 min ago
- Helicopter gunships used in MX resort battle
- abcnews: One of Van Gogh's last paintings unveiled
- San Jose company recalls sausage products
- Jewelry shopping tips: How to avoid rip-offs
- Ned Vizzini, popular author, dies at age 32 48 min ago
- OTRC: Beyonce kisses Madonna's daughter (Photo)