Inland Empire News
White supremacist leader shot, killed by 10-year-old son
RIVERSIDE, Calif. (KABC) -- A local white supremacist leader is shot and killed in his Riverside home. The suspect in custody is his own young son.
His name is Jeff Hall, and he's been in the news a number of times. First, as the white supremacist leader of a neo-Nazi group in the Inland Empire, then again when he ran for a seat on the Riverside County water board.
And now Sunday morning, Hall was found shot to death in his own home. The suspect in the shooting is his 10-year-old son.
Police said the shooting was no accident. Riverside resident Pam Collopy was stunned.
"That's scary, that's really scary," said Collopy.
Police said there wasn't a history of violence at the home. Although, people in the area said there were problems in the neighborhood because of Hall's beliefs.
"I just know there were protests," said Collopy. "And there were issues with neighbors who were other races."
Hall led at least two neo-Nazi marches in the Inland Empire, one in Riverside in 2009 and another in Claremont just two months ago on.
Hall spoke with Eyewitness News just days before the march in Claremont.
"I identify with my culture, I'm proud to be white," said Hall on March 19. "You see t-shirts with brown pride, Hispanic pride, black pride, but if you see a white male wearing a shirt pride t-shirt, then it's offensive."
There was no answer at the front door of his home on Monday. It's unclear whether Hall's son, who's now in custody, will be charged.
It's also unclear what will happen to the local chapter of the National Socialist Movement, now that their leader is dead.
murder, riverside county, inland empire news, rob mcmillan
- Pedestrians fatally struck in Norwalk ID'd
- Compton shootings leave 2 dead within hours
- Stage collapses at OC high school; 25 injured
- Malaysia missing jet: Door possibly found
- 2 SoCal hikers die amid record-breaking heat 35 min ago
- 2 LAPD officers injured in West L.A. crash
- 3 attacked by bees in La Canada Flintridge
- Dana Point shooting suspect sought by deputies
- State oversight may tame California pot shops
- Car bomb attack kills at least 42 in Iraq
- abcnews: Skydiver collides with plane in Fla. 17 min ago
- Ukraine won't budge '1 centimeter' from land
- '300' sequel rules box office w/ $45.1M debut
- Photos: 'Revenge's Emily VanCamp: 15 Sexiest Looks