Inland Empire News
Boy charged in fatal shooting of neo-Nazi dad
RIVERSIDE, Calif. (KABC) -- A 10-year-old boy was charged Wednesday with fatally shooting his father, white supremacist Jeff Russell Hall. Riverside Police say the boy claims to have shot his father deliberately.
With tears in her eyes, the mother of the boy charged with murder walked out of the courthouse. Her son is accused of killing his own father, the leader of the National Socialist Movement, in the Inland Empire, 32-year-old Jeff Hall.
The boy did not enter a plea Wednesday, although his defense attorney says it's possible he could plead not guilty by reason of insanity.
"I think this is extremely rare. I mean it's almost unheard of, until today," said Ambrosio Rodriguez, Riverside County District Attorney's Office.
After the hearing, the boy was allowed to speak with his stepmother and step-grandmother. Family members would not speak with Eyewitness News.
The victim was known for his neo-Nazi beliefs. Over the years, Jeff Hall staged controversial rallies all across the Inland Empire.
Three days ago, he was found shot to death in his own home. Riverside Police say the shooting had nothing to do with the fact that the boy's father was a white supremacist.
Rodriguez would not comment on the facts of the case, but did say they'd all be back in court in two weeks for the boy to enter his plea.
"We'll begin the process of obviously dealing with a very tragic and difficult case," said Rodriguez.
If the boy is found guilty of murder in juvenile court, he could be behind bars until he's 25 years old.
murder, riverside county, inland empire news, rob mcmillan
- Malaysia Airlines missing jet: Oil slicks found 10 min ago
- LAPD officer killed in Beverly Hills crash
- 3.2-magnitude earthquake hits Marina del Rey
- Salon owner charged in murder-for-hire plot
- Lancaster fight leads to double stabbing
- San Juan Capistrano murders: Son arrested
- Fatal South LA fire determined suspicious
- Calif. bill would ban orcas in SeaWorld shows
- Gun hidden in sock kills woman at thrift store
- Florida mom charged with attempted murder
- Russia reinforces military presence in Crimea
- abcnews: Woman has 'out of body' experience at will
- Oprah gives away Essence cover dress to fan
- Photos: Aaron Paul, wife at 'Need For Speed' premiere