Inland Empire News
Man killed by Metrolink train in Riverside
RIVERSIDE, Calif. (KABC) -- A man was struck and killed by a Metrolink train in Riverside on Thursday morning.
Authorities said the accident happened at Monterey Road and Ivy Street, which is about two miles west of the Riverside Station, at 5:30 a.m. The train was bound for Union Station in downtown L.A.
The victim's identity has not been released, and it's not clear yet how the accident happened.
There were some delays for Metrolink passengers, but trains were back in service about two hours later.
City News Service contributed to this report.
accident, train accident, riverside county, inland empire news
- Secret Service probe Target security breach
- IE man who died in custody was high on PCP
- Congress passes bipartisan budget agreement
- South LA grandmother found dead in apartment
- Man convicted at 16 resentenced under new law
- Mulholland Bridge over I-405 finally opens
- $5.8M settlement reached in Calif. race crash
- abcnews: DA pushes to jail 'affluenza' teen
- TSA expands Pre-Check screening program in LA 3 min ago
- Mexico resort shootout: 5 dead in Rocky Point 12 min ago
- Electroporation may treat melanoma patients 38 min ago
- Paul Walker crash: No mechanical issues
- 'Anchorman 2' is overhyped, but still funny
- OTRC: Justin Bieber retiring? Manager responds