Inland Empire News
Loaded gun found in carry-on at Ontario airport
ONTARIO, Calif. (KABC) -- The TSA announced on Thursday the arrest of a passenger carrying a loaded gun at Ontario International Airport.
The TSA said the man had the gun in his carry-on bag last weekend. The 9-mm gun, loaded with eight rounds of ammunition, was found during an X-ray screening on Saturday morning.
It was the fourth gun found at the airport during the screening process this year.
Officials say firearms are allowed in checked bags, but they must be unloaded, packed in a locked container and announced to the airline at check-in.
It is unclear what charges, if any, the man faces.
The Associated Press contributed to this report.
tsa, airport security, airport news, san bernardino county, inland empire news
- Tornadoes strike Midwest; storms to persist 21 min ago
- Greuel, Garcetti meet with LA churchgoers
- Deputies gun down armed man during fight
- Loot-seeking vandals trash Palmdale church
- Man's body found in vacant apartment in IE
- Man shot, killed in Victorville; 1 arrested
- Deputies rescue stranded Swedish family
- Calif. law takes effect on microstamping guns
- 2 FBI agents killed in Va. training accident
- abcnews: 1st lady jokes about president's failures
- Beckham in tears as he bids farewell to Paris
- 'Star Trek' tops box office with $70.6M debut
- Taylor Swift wins big at Billboard Awards
- OTRC: Jennifer Lawrence's accused stalker arrested