Inland Empire News
Loaded gun found in carry-on at Ontario airport
ONTARIO, Calif. (KABC) -- The TSA announced on Thursday the arrest of a passenger carrying a loaded gun at Ontario International Airport.
The TSA said the man had the gun in his carry-on bag last weekend. The 9-mm gun, loaded with eight rounds of ammunition, was found during an X-ray screening on Saturday morning.
It was the fourth gun found at the airport during the screening process this year.
Officials say firearms are allowed in checked bags, but they must be unloaded, packed in a locked container and announced to the airline at check-in.
It is unclear what charges, if any, the man faces.
The Associated Press contributed to this report.
tsa, airport security, airport news, san bernardino county, inland empire news
- Montclair hit-run kills woman, injures teen
- Prosecutor: OC couple's murder not about money 26 min ago
- Sandy Hook gunman's father breaks silence
- Suspect arrested in Hollywood severed head case
- Fontana suspect escapes from police station 2 min ago
- Amber Alert canceled; LB boy found safe
- Man found dead in ransacked Westmont home
- Suspect arrested for Dana Point shooting
- Malaysia missing jet: Stolen passports probed
- abcnews: Convicted murderer of 7 awarded nearly $500K
- 3,500 police planned for Boston Marathon
- Port Authority records tied to chair subpoenaed 28 min ago
- Colorado collects $2M in recreational pot taxes 47 min ago
- 'The Bachelor' finale: 5 things to know...