Inland Empire News
Loaded gun found in carry-on at Ontario airport
ONTARIO, Calif. (KABC) -- The TSA announced on Thursday the arrest of a passenger carrying a loaded gun at Ontario International Airport.
The TSA said the man had the gun in his carry-on bag last weekend. The 9-mm gun, loaded with eight rounds of ammunition, was found during an X-ray screening on Saturday morning.
It was the fourth gun found at the airport during the screening process this year.
Officials say firearms are allowed in checked bags, but they must be unloaded, packed in a locked container and announced to the airline at check-in.
It is unclear what charges, if any, the man faces.
The Associated Press contributed to this report.
tsa, airport security, airport news, san bernardino county, inland empire news
- Car rally held in honor of actor Paul Walker 32 min ago
- Body of woman found on 5 Freeway in Santa Ana
- Nelson Mandela remembered at South LA church
- Storm moves out of SoCal; cold air remains
- Small plane lands on 241 toll road in OC 20 min ago
- Pasadena apartment fire caused by heater
- 2 sought in Lancaster home invasion robberies
- VC suspicious death investigation underway
- abcnews: Couple accused of Craigslist murder
- Man wakes up locked inside dark empty plane
- Cold weather brings flight cancellations
- Ukraine capital facing anti-govt protest
- 'Frozen' tops box office in its 2nd week
- OTRC: Susan Boyle's Asperger's Syndrome diagnosis