Inland Empire News
Vagos bike club wins Riverside defamation suit
RIVERSIDE, Calif. (KABC) -- A settlement has been reached in a defamation lawsuit filed by the Vagos Motorcycle Club against Riverside County.
The lawsuit focused on comments made last year by then-District Attorney Rod Pacheco.
At the time he suggested the bikers may have been involved in a string of attacks against the Hemet Police Department.
Two men not connected to the club were later arrested in connection with the attacks.
The settlement contains no monetary compensation. Instead it acknowledges the bikers were not involved in the attacks.
The bikers will also have seized property returned to them.
suspicious object, inland empire news
- Body found in canyon ID'd as Maribel Ramos
- Castaic-area brush fire nears containment
- CA task force aims to control gun ownership
- Greuel, Garcetti rally for undecided voters 1 min ago
- Couple arrested in LA pot grow operation
- OC church burglary suspect in custody
- Police impersonator halts bus in Redlands
- Frazier Park fire: Crews gain upper hand
- Ricin letter case: FBI searches WA apartment
- Virginia parade crash injures up to 60 people 41 min ago
- SKorea: NKorea fires 3 short-range missiles
- Connecticut commuter train crash: 70 injured
- abcnews: Flesh-eating bacteria survivor's bionic hands
- OTRC: Jennifer Lopez debuts 'Live It Up' video