Inland Empire News
2 women, man found dead in Banning home
BANNING, Calif. (KABC) -- Three people were found dead inside a Banning home Tuesday afternoon. Police say the victims were murdered.
A call was made to the Banning Police Department about 12:40 p.m. saying the bodies of a man and two women were found in an apartment in the 100 block of Phillips Street between Ramsey and Williams streets.
The father of the male victim said that his 42-year-old son, Demetrius Earl Hunt, was involved in the drug trade and may have been killed by a rival gang.
"Unless you're an idiot, you don't go in and kill three people. So this was more like a vendetta, wanting to get rid of my son, get him out of the game," said Purvis Hunt.
Family and friends identified the female victims as being 33 and 57 years old.
A 2-year-old boy of two of the victims was initially thought to be missing, but he was found safe. Police found the boy bound and gagged in a converted closet. He was alert and was taken to the hospital to be checked out.
Neighbors said the three victims were the boy's parents and a family friend.
"They're callous, they're cold-blooded, in my opinion," Banning Police Chief Leonard Purvis said. "Truly, they have no thought for human life.
The grief-stricken family of the male victim tried to make sense of the killings as police tried to determine a motive.
"You're going to pay. My child never hurt anyone," said Purvis Hunt. "He did a lot of good. He helped people. Yes, maybe he broke the law by doing what he was doing, but he hurt no one."
Family members said they were aware of Demetrius Earl Hunt's illegal activities, but they never thought it would end in a triple homicide.
"You guys took him from seven grandkids. I don't know what I'm going to tell my oldest son," said Casmona Hunt, the victim's daughter. "I just want you guys to know that there will be justice served."
Police did not have a description of a suspect. Anyone with information was asked to call the Banning Police Department at (951) 922-3170.
homicide investigation, murder, riverside county, inland empire news
- NYC apartment explosion, collapse kills 2 31 min ago
- Gusty winds elevate fire dangers in SoCal 7 min ago
- Mountain lion roams Hollywood Hills - video
- Missing flight's last words were routine 56 min ago
- Tanker crash shuts I-5 North lanes in Castaic
- Compton teachers call in sick, want pay raise
- LA Co. focuses on stormwater capture projects
- Bizarre East LA bank robbery trial begins
- Wild Colorado chase ends after 3 carjackings 52 min ago
- Ukraine accuses Russia of military buildup 16 min ago
- abcnews: Target thigh gap photo flap sparks outrage
- Fitbit Force recalled over allergic reactions 15 min ago
- Chris Pine arrested for DUI in New Zealand 35 min ago
- OTRC: 'The Big Bang Theory' renewed for 3 seasons