Inland Empire News
Highland man arrested in Redlands bank heist
REDLANDS, Calif. (KABC) -- A 62-year-old man from Highland has been arrested in connection with an armed bank robbery in Redlands.
Surveillance video from the Security Bank of California on East State Street shows the robbery. Police said the man in the footage is Lamon Christensen.
Authorities said Christensen threatened tellers with a gun and demanded money Thursday morning.
Early Friday morning, officers tried to pull over a vehicle matching the description of the getaway car.
Police said Christensen led them on a chase along the 215 Freeway, and then tried to carjack another vehicle before being arrested.
Detectives found a large amount of cash and a replica handgun and other evidence in Christensen's vehicle. Also, bank employees identified Christensen as the robber.
san bernardino county, bank robbery, arrest, inland empire news
- Ex-LA deputy alleges corruption in department 2 min ago
- Video released in attack of transgender woman
- Prostitution bust at OC hotel - exclusive
- MTA bus drivers claim illness from pesticide
- Torrance man sues over Dorner police shooting
- LA plastic-bag ban tentatively approved
- Michael Hastings, BuzzFeed reporter, dies
- Ex-USC professor on FBI wanted list arrested
- 1,500 evacuated in wildfire near Yosemite
- NSA foiled 50+ terrorist plots - director
- abcnews: NFL star's home searched after killing
- Heat beat Spurs 103-100, force Game 7
- Michael Jackson's personal chef testifies
- OTRC: Lil Wayne talks on American flag controversy