Inland Empire News
Pro off-road racer Rick Huseman among dead in plane crash
BARSTOW, Calif. (KABC) -- Professional off-road racer Rick Huseman was among three people killed in a small plane crash near Barstow on Sunday, Eyewitness News has learned.
The California Highway Patrol received a call about 1:45 p.m. of a plane crash near Lake Dolores. About 45 minutes later, they found the wreckage of a small plane about 1/2 mile south of the lake in the Harvard Hills area.
"I'm extremely saddened to confirm this," said Monster motorsports manager Ramses Perez in an email to Eyewitness News. "Rick & his brother passed away in a plane crash."
According to Perez, Huseman's brother, Jeff, was killed in the crash as well.
The third victim has not been identified.
Born in 1973, Rick Huseman was a Riverside native and won several races in the Pro 4x4 division, according to a bio on Monster's website.
"A great human being and off-road champion has passed," said Matt Martelli, CEO of Mad Media, a marketing firm that worked with Huseman. "I have spent a large part of my life documenting incredible people. Rick Huseman was a rare balance of being an incredibly talented driver and an extremely humble human being. He was an example of how to be a man. He was a champion on and off the track."
The cause of the crash remains under investigation.
san bernardino county, airplane, plane crash, famous death, inland empire news
- Los Angeles mayoral race: Eric Garcetti wins
- Oklahoma tornado damage could top $2 billion
- Man shot to death in Boston bombing probe
- Bear roams around Shadow Hills neighborhood
- Injured volunteer wants thousands from hiker
- Prop D, limit on pot shops in LA, passes
- Big rig, truck collide in Pomona; 2 killed
- Body positively identified as missing hiker
- Arias jury stuck but must keep deliberating 17 min ago
- abcnews: Cleveland kidnap victims 'happy and safe'
- UK attack driven by radical Islam - officials 39 min ago
- MJ wrongful death trial: Damaging emails surface
- 'DWTS' season finale: New champion crowned
- PHOTOS: 'Dancing With The Stars' finale