Inland Empire News
CHP shooting closes 91 Freeway lanes
CORONA, Calif. (KABC) -- A California Highway Patrol shooting prompted closure of all lanes of the 91 Freeway Tuesday night.
"At approximately 7:47 this evening, there was a traffic collision eastbound 91, west of the 15 Freeway. Corona Fire Dept. arrived on scene and soon after, they advised our dispatch center that there was a gentleman with the weapon standing outside a vehicle," said CHP Officer Mario Lopez.
"Corona Police Dept. and CHP units arrived on scene at approximately 8 o'clock this evening. The reports started coming out, officer-involved shooting. This was a multi-agency officer-involved shooting, involving the Corona Police Dept., the California Highway Patrol," said Lopez.
"The male subject was struck. Medics tried providing first aid to the subject. Unfortunately he was pronounced deceased at the scene. A weapon was recovered at the scene. At this point, the investigation is still ongoing. And we'll provide more details as they become available," said Lopez.
"It's going to be several hours before we open up eastbound lanes," said Lopez.
No officers were injured.
california highway patrol, officer-involved shooting, shooting, traffic delay, inland empire news
- Colorado shooting victim dies at hospital
- Reseda shooting suspect ID'ed as Iraq war vet 12 min ago
- Shoppers flock to stores for last-minute gifts 2 min ago
- Astronauts tackle urgent spacewalking repairs
- Driver shot, injured on 14 Fwy in Palmdale
- Boy, 11, on scooter struck by tractor-trailer
- Tour bus crash in Corona: 91-yr-old man dies
- BART, labor union leaders reach new deal
- NJ mall carjacking, shooting: 4 men arrested
- US holiday travelers brace for foul weather
- abcnews: Army's new weapon can shoot down drones
- US military aircraft hit in S. Sudan, 4 hurt
- Amy Adams talks playing sexy con artist 12 min ago
- OTRC: Chuck Norris spoofs Van Damme's 'Epic Split'