Inland Empire News
CHP shooting closes 91 Freeway lanes
CORONA, Calif. (KABC) -- A California Highway Patrol shooting prompted closure of all lanes of the 91 Freeway Tuesday night.
"At approximately 7:47 this evening, there was a traffic collision eastbound 91, west of the 15 Freeway. Corona Fire Dept. arrived on scene and soon after, they advised our dispatch center that there was a gentleman with the weapon standing outside a vehicle," said CHP Officer Mario Lopez.
"Corona Police Dept. and CHP units arrived on scene at approximately 8 o'clock this evening. The reports started coming out, officer-involved shooting. This was a multi-agency officer-involved shooting, involving the Corona Police Dept., the California Highway Patrol," said Lopez.
"The male subject was struck. Medics tried providing first aid to the subject. Unfortunately he was pronounced deceased at the scene. A weapon was recovered at the scene. At this point, the investigation is still ongoing. And we'll provide more details as they become available," said Lopez.
"It's going to be several hours before we open up eastbound lanes," said Lopez.
No officers were injured.
california highway patrol, officer-involved shooting, shooting, traffic delay, inland empire news
- James Gandolfini of 'Sopranos' dies at 51
- Tip led to ex-USC professor's Mexico arrest 3 min ago
- Hollywood panhandlers allegedly kill LA woman
- OC caregiver arrested for alleged sex assault
- East LA chase reaches speeds close to 120 mph
- Fugitive child-abuse couple seen in Maywood
- Wrong-way driver charged with DUI in 14 pile-up
- West Hills murder suspect pleads not guilty
- FBI busts international sports gambling ring
- Afghan leader suspends talks with Taliban, US
- abcnews: Marine returns from war as underwear model
- Piedmont beef's lower fat entices connoisseurs
- Michael Jackson chef describes confrontation
- OTRC: 'Anchorman 2' new trailer (Video)
- California lawmakers, governor get pay raise
20 min ago