Inland Empire News
CHP shooting closes 91 Freeway lanes
CORONA, Calif. (KABC) -- A California Highway Patrol shooting prompted closure of all lanes of the 91 Freeway Tuesday night.
"At approximately 7:47 this evening, there was a traffic collision eastbound 91, west of the 15 Freeway. Corona Fire Dept. arrived on scene and soon after, they advised our dispatch center that there was a gentleman with the weapon standing outside a vehicle," said CHP Officer Mario Lopez.
"Corona Police Dept. and CHP units arrived on scene at approximately 8 o'clock this evening. The reports started coming out, officer-involved shooting. This was a multi-agency officer-involved shooting, involving the Corona Police Dept., the California Highway Patrol," said Lopez.
"The male subject was struck. Medics tried providing first aid to the subject. Unfortunately he was pronounced deceased at the scene. A weapon was recovered at the scene. At this point, the investigation is still ongoing. And we'll provide more details as they become available," said Lopez.
"It's going to be several hours before we open up eastbound lanes," said Lopez.
No officers were injured.
california highway patrol, officer-involved shooting, shooting, traffic delay, inland empire news
- 4 stabbed at Fullerton bar; suspects sought
- IE pastor accused of paying boys for sex acts
- Malaysia asks countries for data to find jet
- 4 kids abducted by parents in Boyle Heights
- DUI driver hits sign, car and pedestrian
- Thermal brush fire contained at 350 acres
- Burbank man arrested in stabbing attack
- Gorman brush fire near full containment
- Alcohol sting busts adults buying for minors
- abcnews: US travel advice from other countries
- High turnout seen at secession vote in Crimea 46 min ago
- 16 killed in stampedes for jobs in Nigeria 17 min ago
- Tyler The Creator arrested at SXSW festival
- OTRC: Jamie Lynn Spears, 22, gets married - report