Inland Empire News
Suspect killed after grabbing gun from deputy
YUCAIPA, Calif. (KABC) -- Authorities say a suspect who grabbed a deputy's gun from his holster during an altercation was shot to death in Yucaipa on Wednesday.
Authorities responded to a domestic disturbance call on the 35000 block of Avenue B at 7:03 p.m. San Bernardino County Sheriff's deputies say the shooting happened shortly after they arrived.
When deputies arrived, they noticed the suspect, identified as Kenneth Munoz, was armed with some type of weapon. Deputies ordered Munoz to drop the weapon, but authorities said he refused to comply and ran.
Deputies found Munoz a short time later in a nearby yard. As they attempted to take him into custody, there was a physical altercation, and Munoz allegedly took a gun from the holster of one of the deputies.
He allegedly fired the gun once, forcing deputies to open fire. Munoz was shot several times and was declared dead at the scene.
No deputies were injured in the incident.
Authorities say the shooting remains under investigation.
deputy-involved shooting, san bernardino county, inland empire news
- Deputies gun down armed man during fight
- Loot-seeking vandals trash Palmdale church 31 min ago
- Calif. law takes effect on microstamping guns
- Machete-wielding man shot by Inglewood police
- 1 arrested, 2 outstanding after VC pursuit
- IE woman punches officer, tries to take Taser
- Deputies rescue stranded Swedish family
- Body found near area where hiker went missing
- Deaf Yorkie held for ransom is back home
- Tornadoes sweep across Kansas and Oklahoma
- abcnews: 1st lady jokes about president's failures
- Beckham in tears as he bids farewell to Paris
- 'Star Trek' tops box office with $70.6M debut
- OTRC: Billboard Music Awards 2013 nominees list
- Latest weather with Danny Romero
27 min ago