Inland Empire News
Tuberculosis case confirmed at UC Riverside
RIVERSIDE, Calif. (KABC) -- University of California Riverside is offering tuberculosis tests after a case of the disease was confirmed on campus.
The student who was diagnosed with TB is getting medical treatment.
Health officials said the risk of anyone else having picked up the disease is low, but it has notified people who spent a lot of time with the sick student, as well as people who shared spaces like lecture and dining halls.
Anyone who wants to get one of the free TB tests can go to the Campus Health Center.
riverside county, health, school, inland empire news
- Southland seeing cold temps, windy conditions
- North Korea purges Kim Jong Un's uncle
- Holiday shipping deadlines quickly approaching
- Body of woman found on 5 Freeway in Santa Ana
- Cyclist killed in crash w/ sheriff patrol car
- Small plane lands on 241 toll road in OC
- IE shooting leaves 18-year-old man dead
- Icy storm persists, disrupts travel in east US
- abcnews: Campus cop fatally shoots Texas student
- Man wakes up locked inside dark empty plane
- American Airlines, US Airways merger complete 28 min ago
- Torre, La Russa, Cox elected to Hall of Fame
- Car rally held in honor of actor Paul Walker
- OTRC: Susan Boyle's Asperger's Syndrome diagnosis