Inland Empire News
Occupy Riverside protesters clash with police
RIVERSIDE, Calif. (KABC) -- Police and protesters clashed Sunday at an Occupy Riverside event, resulting in several arrests.
Protesters were seen yelling at police as several demonstrators lay on the ground in handcuffs.
They had been camped out at Main and 9th streets in spite of warnings that they were breaking the law by setting up their tents.
Eight people were taken into custody for resisting arrest, two for assaulting an officer and one for assault with a deadly weapon.
No one was hurt.
protest, wall street, inland empire news
- NASA: Cooling pump on space station shuts down
- Wife, sister shot in purported mercy killings
- Disabled councilman knocked out in Devore crash
- Mansion party arrests: Teens post pics online
- Ex-con allegedly attacked 2 relatives, friend 49 min ago
- 80 pot plants found growing in sign-making biz
- IE student arrested in school vandalism case
- Prisoner reduction deadline pushed to April
- 1 dead in small plane crash off Molokai, Hawaii 8 min ago
- Senator's aide arrested on child porn charges
- abcnews: Bernie Madoff's 7 biggest lies
- Moving while sitting can prevent back pain
- Mega Millions jackpot soars to $400 million
- OTRC: Idina Menzel and Taye Diggs separate
- Young patients travel from LA to 'North Pole'
33 min ago
- 91 Freeway expansion to ease 'Corona Crawl'
57 min ago