Inland Empire News
Occupy Riverside protesters clash with police
RIVERSIDE, Calif. (KABC) -- Police and protesters clashed Sunday at an Occupy Riverside event, resulting in several arrests.
Protesters were seen yelling at police as several demonstrators lay on the ground in handcuffs.
They had been camped out at Main and 9th streets in spite of warnings that they were breaking the law by setting up their tents.
Eight people were taken into custody for resisting arrest, two for assaulting an officer and one for assault with a deadly weapon.
No one was hurt.
protest, wall street, inland empire news
- Vandals break in, trash church in Palmdale
- Calif. law takes effect on microstamping guns
- Machete-wielding man shot by Inglewood police
- Body found near area where hiker went missing
- Deputies shoot, kill armed man during fight
- 1 arrested, 2 outstanding after VC pursuit
- IE woman punches officer, tries to take Taser
- LA sheriffs rescue stranded family of seven
- Tornadoes sweep across Kansas and Oklahoma 1 min ago
- abcnews: 1st lady jokes about president's failures
- Beckham in tears as he bids farewell to Paris 10 min ago
- Swift to perform at Billboard Music Awards 6 min ago
- 'Star Trek' tops box office with $70.6M debut
- OTRC: Billboard Music Awards 2013 nominees list