Inland Empire News
Occupy Riverside protesters clash with police
RIVERSIDE, Calif. (KABC) -- Police and protesters clashed Sunday at an Occupy Riverside event, resulting in several arrests.
Protesters were seen yelling at police as several demonstrators lay on the ground in handcuffs.
They had been camped out at Main and 9th streets in spite of warnings that they were breaking the law by setting up their tents.
Eight people were taken into custody for resisting arrest, two for assaulting an officer and one for assault with a deadly weapon.
No one was hurt.
protest, wall street, inland empire news
- 2 dead after car plows into crowd near SXSW
- Malaysia: No debris at spot on China images
- 2 sought for stealing purses at Bell salons
- NYC apartment explosion, collapse kills 5
- Indecent exposure suspect sought in Irvine
- Bell trial: Rizzo's sentencing postponed
- Mom of wandering boys was supervised by CPS
- Body of man found at Montebello parking lot
- Colorado River Board of CA discusses drought
- FBI hunting Hawaii for top terror suspect
- abcnews: Target thigh gap photo flap sparks outrage
- Soldier pops out of box, surprises daughter
- Chris Pine arrested for DUI in New Zealand
- OTRC: 'The Big Bang Theory' renewed for 3 seasons