Inland Empire News
Riverside Co. to shut medical pot dispensaries in unincorporated areas
RIVERSIDE, Calif. (KABC) -- All medical marijuana dispensaries in the unincorporated areas of Riverside County are set to be shut down.
The Riverside County Board of Supervisors approved the plan Tuesday. Officials said there are at least 36 dispensaries operating illegally within those areas.
More than a dozen have closed down in the past year.
The county plans to sue any marijuana dispensaries or owners of property where dispensaries conduct business unless they voluntarily and immediately cease operation.
riverside county, medical marijuana, marijuana, marijuana clinic, inland empire news
- Los Angeles mayoral race: Eric Garcetti wins
- Search for Oklahoma survivors almost complete
- 'DWTS' season finale: New champion crowned
- Kings lose to Sharks 2-1, series tied 2-2
- Trutanich concedes to Feuer for city attorney
- Ron Galperin wins LA city controller race
- Prop D, limit on pot shops in LA, passes
- Huffing suspected in college student's death
- Immigration bill approved by Senate committee
- Jodi Arias jury sentencing deliberations begin
- abcnews: Boston bombing probe heads to Russia
- Bin Laden photos: Court sides with US govt
- MJ wrongful death trial: Damaging emails surface
- Photos: 'Dancing With The Stars' week 10
- Bear spotted roaming Sun Valley neighborhood
31 min ago