Inland Empire News
Riverside Co. to shut medical pot dispensaries in unincorporated areas
RIVERSIDE, Calif. (KABC) -- All medical marijuana dispensaries in the unincorporated areas of Riverside County are set to be shut down.
The Riverside County Board of Supervisors approved the plan Tuesday. Officials said there are at least 36 dispensaries operating illegally within those areas.
More than a dozen have closed down in the past year.
The county plans to sue any marijuana dispensaries or owners of property where dispensaries conduct business unless they voluntarily and immediately cease operation.
riverside county, medical marijuana, marijuana, marijuana clinic, inland empire news
- Stage collapses at OC high school; 25 injured
- Teen survives 5 Fwy crash, killed by traffic
- LAPD officer recovering after fatal BH crash
- Malaysia missing jet: Door possibly found
- Los Angeles Marathon 2014 street closures
- Bees attack 71-year-old woman in Palm Desert
- IE WWII Medal of Honor recipient laid to rest
- L.A. man wanted in attempted Banksy theft
- abcnews: Ex-FBI agent in captivity for 7 years
- Obama to preserve California federal lands
- Bond set for mom who drove kids into ocean
- Ukraine won't budge '1 centimeter' from land
- Sheila MacRae of 'The Honeymooners' dies
- OTRC: Khloe Kardashian topless in first Vine video