Inland Empire News
Big Bear teen breaks mountain climbing record
PASADENA, Calif. (KABC) -- A Big Bear teenager has become the youngest person to climb the highest peaks on all seven continents.
The last time 15-year-old Jordan Romero made headlines was last year when he was being welcomed back to Big Bear Middle School after conquering Mt. Everest.
Romero's mother confirms her son called her Saturday after he reached the top of Vinson Massif, the highest mountain in Antarctica.
His team began the climb Wednesday.
Romero beat the record previously held by a 16-year-old British climber.
inland empire news
- LAPD cop car crash: 1 officer dead, 1 injured 59 min ago
- San Juan Capistrano murders: Son arrested 13 min ago
- Smoke detectors crucial to avoid fire deaths
- Blind man falls on tracks, survives train
- 2 dead in apparent Long Beach murder-suicide
- Water main break floods Santa Ana neighborhood
- Baldwin Hills natural gas leak: Repairs done
- Bitcoin mystery: CA man denies being creator
- Report: Ukraine base in Crimea under siege 38 min ago
- abcnews: PA woman charged w/ teen's illegal abortion
- US economy adds 175,000 jobs in February
- Pistorius told guard 'everything is fine'
- Washington returning to 'Grey's Anatomy'
- OTRC: 'Scandal' recap - 5 highlights (Spoilers)