Inland Empire News
Big Bear teen breaks mountain climbing record
PASADENA, Calif. (KABC) -- A Big Bear teenager has become the youngest person to climb the highest peaks on all seven continents.
The last time 15-year-old Jordan Romero made headlines was last year when he was being welcomed back to Big Bear Middle School after conquering Mt. Everest.
Romero's mother confirms her son called her Saturday after he reached the top of Vinson Massif, the highest mountain in Antarctica.
His team began the climb Wednesday.
Romero beat the record previously held by a 16-year-old British climber.
inland empire news
- Fallbrook bus crash: 1 dead, several injured
- Tour bus overturns on 15 Freeway in Corona
- London theater partial collapse; 75+ hurt
- Kelly Thomas trial: Cause of death revisited
- Moorpark High closed after threatening note
- School hacking: Tutor wanted for questioning
- Rodman in NKorea to prep for basketball game
- Kate Middleton phone messages read in court
- abcnews: Missing medical resident's car found
- Report finds bacteria on 97 percent of chicken
- Local woman receives seizure-treating implant 48 min ago
- Kobe Bryant injured again, will miss 6 weeks
- Farrah Fawcett portrait belongs to O'Neal
- OTRC: Kristen Johnston diagnosed w/ Lupus Myelitis