Inland Empire News
Street racer injured in Eastvale crash
EASTVALE, Calif. (KABC) -- A Rialto man was injured Sunday night in a collision with a tree during an illegal street race, according to the Eastvale Police Dept.
Eastvale police responded to a report of a major-injury traffic collision at about 11:30 p.m. Sunday.
Officers found 19-year-old Eder Sid-Robles of Rialto in a crashed Honda Civic.
Sid-Robles was airlifted to Arrowhead Medical Center. He remained in critical condition Monday.
Police determined in a preliminary investigation Sid-Robles had been racing side-by-side with another vehicle at a high rate of speed westbound on Mission Blvd. near Corridor when the two vehicles collided, causing Sid-Robles to lose control of his car and crash into a tree.
The second vehicle, described as a primer-gray 2-door Honda, fled the scene. That driver was not identified and was being sought.
The investigation is ongoing, and anyone with additional information regarding this incident is asked to contact Sergeant James Woodland at (951) 955-9230.
car crash, street racing, inland empire news
- Target probe focuses on processing centers
- Fallbrook tour bus crash: Victim identified 18 min ago
- Obama: 2014 can be breakthrough year for US
- Help Garth stuff buses full of toys in Anaheim
- Torrance donut shop robbery: Suspect sought
- Man found dead after house fire in Orange
- 405 accidents snarl Sepulveda Pass commute
- Harry Reid in the hospital for observation
- Judge strikes down Utah's same-sex marriage ban 37 min ago
- abcnews: Service dog sniffs out girl's disease
- London theater collapse: Aging venues safe?
- Casey Kasem conservatorship deal reached 46 min ago
- Harry Potter play in the works by J.K. Rowling
- OTRC: Phil Robertson's fam talk 'Duck Dynasty' future