Inland Empire News
2 criminals make job easy for IE police
SAN BERNARDINO, Calif. (KABC) -- Authorities said on Wednesday that two slow-witted suspects in the Inland Empire made their job as easy as possible.
You have to wonder exactly what 32-year-old Wesley Taylor was thinking.
Police say he was carrying a duffle bag filled with 13 pounds of high-quality marijuana in broad daylight, and he chose a secured police parking lot as a place to hide.
Police grew suspicious and moved in. They found all the marijuana and arrested him.
San Bernardino Police Capt. Gwendolyn Waters said Taylor was trying to get away from someone.
"He saw his opportunity to slide through the gate. He took it, having no idea that he was going into a police parking lot," she said.
It was the second curious choice made by an alleged criminal in just the past few days.
Last Friday, an inmate was released from the San Bernardino County Jail. According to the sheriff's department, not only did he somehow steal an orange inmate suit, for some reason, he then changed back into it and tried to board a public bus while wearing it.
The bus driver called police, and the inmate was re-arrested - this time on misdemeanor theft charges.
"None of it makes any sense at all," said Cindy Bachman of the San Bernardino County Sheriff's Department. "He took his street clothes off and put the jail clothing back on after being released from custody ... found his way right back into West Valley just about an hour after he was released."
arrest, stupid criminals, san bernardino county, inland empire news, rob mcmillan
- Shoppers flock to stores for last-minute gifts
- Driver shot, injured on 14 Fwy in Palmdale
- Reseda shooting: 1 dead, 1 injured, 1 arrested
- Astronauts tackle urgent spacewalking repairs 50 min ago
- Tour bus crash in Corona: 91-yr-old man dies
- Pope's message to end hunger hits home in IE
- Slain chase suspect's family files $20M claim
- BART, labor union leaders reach new deal 27 min ago
- Judge orders hospital to keep girl on support
- abcnews: Army's new weapon can shoot down drones
- US military aircraft hit in S. Sudan, 4 hurt
- San Jose company recalls sausage products
- Ned Vizzini, popular author, dies at age 32
- OTRC: 13 Best TV Shows of 2013 (with spoilers)