Inland Empire News
IE courthouses evacuated due to bomb threat
SAN BERNARDINO, Calif. (KABC) -- Deputies conducted a search at courthouses in Riverside County and San Bernardino County on Thursday due to a bomb threat. No harmful devices were found during the search.
San Bernardino County Sheriff's received a call from a pay phone that there was a bomb at the courthouse at about 8:30 a.m.
Deputies conducted a search at three courthouses in San Bernardino County, but the courthouses were not evacuated. Officials had earlier reported that the San Bernardino courthouses were evacuated.
According to the Riverside County District Attorney's Office, three courthouses in downtown Riverside were evacuated: The Riverside Hall of Justice, Riverside Family Law Courthouse and the Historic Courthouse.
The courthouses all reopened for business around 1:30 p.m. after each building was searched inside and out by personnel from the Riverside County Hazardous Devices Team.
Deputies did locate three suspicious objects, including an abandoned briefcase, outside one of the buildings. Technicians disposed of two items, detonating them in blasts that echoed throughout downtown around noon.
Neither object contained explosives.
City News Service contributed to this story.
riverside county, san bernardino county, inland empire news
- NKorea deports captive American war veteran 43 min ago
- Covina home-invasion robbery: girl, dad shot
- Nelson Mandela's legacy honored around world
- New cold front to bring chance of rain, snow
- 'Valley Bandit' wanted for 8 bank robberies
- Family settles over Chino school gun accident
- Suspected heist reported, 12 tons of pot found
- New Mexico cop fired after minivan shooting
- abcnews: Bill Clinton reveals insights from Mandela
- 6 detained in theft of radioactive material
- Robo-seal pups help patients fight dementia
- Long Beach motorcycle show offers demo rides 58 min ago
- Billy Joel to perform at the Hollywood Bowl
- OTRC: 'Scandal' season 3 will have 18 episodes
- Man arrested in Paul Walker wreckage theft
54 min ago