Inland Empire News
IE courthouses evacuated due to bomb threat
SAN BERNARDINO, Calif. (KABC) -- Deputies conducted a search at courthouses in Riverside County and San Bernardino County on Thursday due to a bomb threat. No harmful devices were found during the search.
San Bernardino County Sheriff's received a call from a pay phone that there was a bomb at the courthouse at about 8:30 a.m.
Deputies conducted a search at three courthouses in San Bernardino County, but the courthouses were not evacuated. Officials had earlier reported that the San Bernardino courthouses were evacuated.
According to the Riverside County District Attorney's Office, three courthouses in downtown Riverside were evacuated: The Riverside Hall of Justice, Riverside Family Law Courthouse and the Historic Courthouse.
The courthouses all reopened for business around 1:30 p.m. after each building was searched inside and out by personnel from the Riverside County Hazardous Devices Team.
Deputies did locate three suspicious objects, including an abandoned briefcase, outside one of the buildings. Technicians disposed of two items, detonating them in blasts that echoed throughout downtown around noon.
Neither object contained explosives.
City News Service contributed to this story.
riverside county, san bernardino county, inland empire news
- Search widens for missing Malaysian jet
- Montclair hit-run kills woman, injures teen
- Prosecutor: OC couple's murder not about money
- Suspect arrested in Hollywood severed head case
- Remains of Hollywood Park racehorse exhumed
- IE suspect found after escaping from police
- Amber Alert canceled; LB boy found safe
- Man found dead in ransacked Westmont home
- Sandy Hook gunman's father breaks silence
- abcnews: Convicted murderer of 7 awarded nearly $500K
- Colorado collects $2M in recreational pot taxes
- Parents distracted by devices, study says
- Justin Bieber gets mad in deposition video
- Photos: 'Bachelor' Juan Pablo kisses 5 contestants